Games That (Don't) Value Your Time?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,332
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Over the weekend, Masahiro Sakurai took part in a livestream where he spoke about refusing to use Dolby Surround in a Kirby game because players had to sit through the logo:

Masahiro Sakurai Wrote:
I feel very sorry for making the user wait. If you take one second from each user, that means you’ll be taking 10,000 seconds from 10,000 people. The more this repeats over the years, the more time you will cause players to lose.

It got me thinking about how annoying I'd find booting up Dead by Daylight because I have to sit through some intro logos, then skip an intro movie I will never watch, then get to a title screen where I have to press a button to start a loading screen that will then finally put me in the main menu. Just put me in the main menu and skip all the other stupid shit before it, please...

What are things in games that you feel just waste your time? Doesn't have to be introductory logo sequences, it could be gameplay stuff that is just tedious to deal with that could be streamlined.

Thinking of it now I wrote that last part, RDR2 is horrific at slow shit. Looting an enemy has an animation play of checking every pocket which makes looting corpses after a large shootout a complete slog. x.x
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,332 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Over the weekend, Masahiro Sakurai took part in a livestream where he spoke about refusing to use Dolby Surround in a Kirby game because players had to sit through the logo:

Masahiro Sakurai Wrote:
I feel very sorry for making the user wait. If you take one second from each user, that means you’ll be taking 10,000 seconds from 10,000 people. The more this repeats over the years, the more time you will cause players to lose.

It got me thinking about how annoying I'd find booting up Dead by Daylight because I have to sit through some intro logos, then skip an intro movie I will never watch, then get to a title screen where I have to press a button to start a loading screen that will then finally put me in the main menu. Just put me in the main menu and skip all the other stupid shit before it, please...

What are things in games that you feel just waste your time? Doesn't have to be introductory logo sequences, it could be gameplay stuff that is just tedious to deal with that could be streamlined.

Thinking of it now I wrote that last part, RDR2 is horrific at slow shit. Looting an enemy has an animation play of checking every pocket which makes looting corpses after a large shootout a complete slog. x.x
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,001
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Any game with an unskippable tutorial.

Of course, tutorial levels themselves vary in usefulness - but even the best one is a complete waste of time for anyone who already knows the game!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,001 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Any game with an unskippable tutorial.

Of course, tutorial levels themselves vary in usefulness - but even the best one is a complete waste of time for anyone who already knows the game!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,922
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The only thing that slightly annoys me is when you can't skip the credits (especially when you plan to do or have to do multiple playthroughs for Trophies/Achievements). Some games feel like they have 20+ minute credits and when you can't skip them it can be a pretty big annoyance.

Other than that, nothing else really makes me feel like my time is being wasted. Even with the credits thing, at worst I just go get something to drink/eat or take the time for a bathroom break/stretching/kitty time.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,922 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The only thing that slightly annoys me is when you can't skip the credits (especially when you plan to do or have to do multiple playthroughs for Trophies/Achievements). Some games feel like they have 20+ minute credits and when you can't skip them it can be a pretty big annoyance.

Other than that, nothing else really makes me feel like my time is being wasted. Even with the credits thing, at worst I just go get something to drink/eat or take the time for a bathroom break/stretching/kitty time.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,253
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Unskippable dialogue/cutscenes or no option to quickly skip/speed up dialogue boxes, and pointless dialogue options that have the same or no different outcome that I have to sit through tapping a progress button. I can freely choose if I want to sit through something and will do usually if playing through for the first time, but please just give the option to skip as well from the get-go.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,253 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Unskippable dialogue/cutscenes or no option to quickly skip/speed up dialogue boxes, and pointless dialogue options that have the same or no different outcome that I have to sit through tapping a progress button. I can freely choose if I want to sit through something and will do usually if playing through for the first time, but please just give the option to skip as well from the get-go.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parents in Video Games Moonface 2 65 May 30th, 2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 8 950 May 15th, 2024, 04:28 PM
  Games Done Quick Moonface 36 3,590 May 2nd, 2024, 08:07 PM
  Mistakes You've Made in Games? Moonface 12 2,102 Apr 29th, 2024, 08:58 PM
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 11 607 Apr 11th, 2024, 11:01 PM