Genshin Impact | 4.7 Special Program + Natlan Preview
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,922
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I didn't believe it was possible, but Hoyo some how made Windtrace even worse by turning it into Dead By Daylight.

Not even joking, you read that right. The game mode now consists of the four rebels having to repair beacons while the hunter tries to find them and capture them. Unlike in previous Windtrace versions, you are no longer out of the game after getting caught once. Instead, the Hunter needs to catch each Rebel twice to remove them from the game. Once four beacons have been repaired, the Rebels will instantly win, while the Hunter needs to either run down the clock or capture all Rebels in order to win. When a Rebel is caught the first time, they'll be put into a "Restricted Zone", where they either need to wait a bit to get out, or have another Rebel come let them out.

So, let's see...

Four Rebels, One Hunter (Four Survivors, one Killer)
Four of the six beacons repaired for Rebel victory (Four out of six generators repaired for survivors to open the doors and escape)
Hunter needs to capture each Rebel twice to remove them from the game (Survivors die instantly when hooked a second time)
Rebels can rescue their teammates after being caught the first time (Survivors can unhook a fellow survivor after the first hook)

Like bro, if I wanted to play Dead By Daylight, I'd go play Dead by Daylight. I don't need a Walmart knock-off version of it in Genshin. Hoyo really needs to just scrap Windtrace and come up with something a lot better.

You can see the Hunter's icon on the minimap like you were able to in previous Windtrace events, so you can tell when they are coming in your direction from a pretty far distance, allowing you to leave the Beacon and hide nearby way ahead of time. Hunters also get periodic notifications when a Beacon is being repaired, so they know that someone is there.

Overall it was pretty bad and I'm glad it didn't take long to get the 6,000 coins for all of the rewards. Definitely going to be bombing this one in the event survey for it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,922 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I didn't believe it was possible, but Hoyo some how made Windtrace even worse by turning it into Dead By Daylight.

Not even joking, you read that right. The game mode now consists of the four rebels having to repair beacons while the hunter tries to find them and capture them. Unlike in previous Windtrace versions, you are no longer out of the game after getting caught once. Instead, the Hunter needs to catch each Rebel twice to remove them from the game. Once four beacons have been repaired, the Rebels will instantly win, while the Hunter needs to either run down the clock or capture all Rebels in order to win. When a Rebel is caught the first time, they'll be put into a "Restricted Zone", where they either need to wait a bit to get out, or have another Rebel come let them out.

So, let's see...

Four Rebels, One Hunter (Four Survivors, one Killer)
Four of the six beacons repaired for Rebel victory (Four out of six generators repaired for survivors to open the doors and escape)
Hunter needs to capture each Rebel twice to remove them from the game (Survivors die instantly when hooked a second time)
Rebels can rescue their teammates after being caught the first time (Survivors can unhook a fellow survivor after the first hook)

Like bro, if I wanted to play Dead By Daylight, I'd go play Dead by Daylight. I don't need a Walmart knock-off version of it in Genshin. Hoyo really needs to just scrap Windtrace and come up with something a lot better.

You can see the Hunter's icon on the minimap like you were able to in previous Windtrace events, so you can tell when they are coming in your direction from a pretty far distance, allowing you to leave the Beacon and hide nearby way ahead of time. Hunters also get periodic notifications when a Beacon is being repaired, so they know that someone is there.

Overall it was pretty bad and I'm glad it didn't take long to get the 6,000 coins for all of the rewards. Definitely going to be bombing this one in the event survey for it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,253
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The only slight error you made, Three Rebels and One Hunter but still yeah I even tried this Windtrace for once this time because there was more of a goal for the Rebel side instead of just hiding with a bit of Prop Hunt shoved in. I did not like being Hunter, I only attempted that twice half-heartedly but there were some games where a different Hunter was really good, then some games where the other two Rebels just did next to nothing. The Hilichurl camp map was the worst with climbing towers and making it obvious from a distance where you were. One game I was the only one trying to repair but got eliminated, the other two just hid away and let the Hunter win. Ah whatever, it was fine enough that I got the Primogem rewards plus one extra as I went over 5,000, once 5,500 out of my three accounts/servers. Glad there was one game where the Rebels realised I was a harmless Hunter so they game to me to acknowledge it. I didn't even bother to capture them out of well friendliness. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,253 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The only slight error you made, Three Rebels and One Hunter but still yeah I even tried this Windtrace for once this time because there was more of a goal for the Rebel side instead of just hiding with a bit of Prop Hunt shoved in. I did not like being Hunter, I only attempted that twice half-heartedly but there were some games where a different Hunter was really good, then some games where the other two Rebels just did next to nothing. The Hilichurl camp map was the worst with climbing towers and making it obvious from a distance where you were. One game I was the only one trying to repair but got eliminated, the other two just hid away and let the Hunter win. Ah whatever, it was fine enough that I got the Primogem rewards plus one extra as I went over 5,000, once 5,500 out of my three accounts/servers. Glad there was one game where the Rebels realised I was a harmless Hunter so they game to me to acknowledge it. I didn't even bother to capture them out of well friendliness. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah, yeah, I had meant to type "four players, three rebels and a hunter", but instead forgor and typed four rebels and a hunter instead.

Hunter definitely felt like crap this time around, which is a huge turnaround from how overpowered they normally feel in Windtrace. I guess that just goes along with the Dead By Daylight theme where the Survivors always have a ridiculous advantage over the killer (assuming equal skill level).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah, yeah, I had meant to type "four players, three rebels and a hunter", but instead forgor and typed four rebels and a hunter instead.

Hunter definitely felt like crap this time around, which is a huge turnaround from how overpowered they normally feel in Windtrace. I guess that just goes along with the Dead By Daylight theme where the Survivors always have a ridiculous advantage over the killer (assuming equal skill level).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,253
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
4.7 Special Program

Redemption Codes:

1. US2VLGSXCAT9
2. 6A2ULZTFVBCV
3. BS3DLYAFVAUH

Extra must-have 4.6 code just in case you don't have it (like me, frick): RTJUNRSHTAL9 (60 Primogems + 5 Adventure's Experience)

What's New:
  • Clorinde (5* Electro Sword user)
  • Sigewinne (5* Hydro Bow user)
  • Sethos (4* Electro Bow user)
  • Absolution (5* Sword) & Silvershower Heartstrings (5* Bow)
  • Sigewinne & Clorinde Character Story Quest
  • Archon Quest Chapter 4 Act 6
  • Imaginarium Theater - New monthly challenge event to go alongside Spiral Abyss, select a "cast" of characters to perform through 8 Acts of combat however the cast must follow specific Elemental Types to enter, though Trial Characters can be exempt if chosen, and you may also choose Friends characters to join as well. Rewards include up to 620 Primogems for every month, plus a first-clear bonus of up to 1,100 primogems.
  • Spiral Abyss rewards have increased to 800 Primogems from 600, however likely will not reset half-way through the month (there was no mention of that specifically in the Special Program)
  • TCG Update - Furina, Wriothesley, Yun Jin, Xinyan, Kaveh, Boss/Monster cards etc

Version Specifics:
  • Phase 1 Banners: Clorinde & Alhaitham
  • Phase 2 Banners: Sigewinne & Furina
  • Mutual Security Enhancing Simulation- Combat event using enemies as your own units against other enemy opponents
    Cloudforged (Bow)
  • Endless Forms Most Martial - Combat event following specific rules like using a reaction type to defeat enemies
  • Spino Doubleblaster - Cannon shooting at balloons event
  • Record of Reflective Writing - Coin collecting in challenge domains event
  • Leyline Overflow Event

System Updates: 
  • Max Resin increased to 200 (was 160)
  • Friends List increased to 100 (was 60)
  • Fast fill function added for Recommended Stats in Fast Equip Artifacts
  • Encounter Point system for collecting Daily Commission Rewards lowered to AR 24

Animated Short "The Road Not Taken featured:

At the end of the Program we get a short glimpse of Natlan's area with a few creatures within it.

I really wish Sethos was not included in these banners, so don't want him because I intend to pull for Clorinde on my NA account. I'll get her in the first 10 pulls as I'm at 65 and was quite possibly going to go for cons, but...ah whatever if I get him I just won't use him, he can be a new Expedition slave just like my worthless Kaveh. Sigewinne I'm not sure where I'll pull for her yet, I'll see who goes well with her, I'm just assuming anyone that lowers their own health or uses Bond of Life. Though I wonder what boss materials they'll need because there were no new world bosses this time.

The new monthly thing...I like the look of the initial full 1,720 plus the 800 with Spiral Abyss giving us a whopping 2,520 primogems then all the events within 4.7 but man limiting your roster to Elements or Trial characters, ugh. I know there was an event similar in the past though which is where that main idea came from, plus the vigor causing your character the need to rest or become unusable...but man just stop doing that limit stuff. I suppose I can use more of my characters then, actually hmm...that'll be very interesting with my main account and EU F2P using my Ayaka, Navia, Xianyun, Gaming, Chevreuse alongside who I have in my main. I know my Shenhe is better from my main than my F2P, have a far better built Yaoyao plus the Kokomi and Beidou should be much better than my main's too. My Keqing's, Yoimiya's, Nilou's and Yelan's each have different things going for them but not fully sure which are better.

Finally Resin got a higher maximum so you can actually condense to a full 5, if you happened to max out. Friends increase don't mean much because I have next to none anyway.

For that Natlan preview, I at first thought they were just going to be enemies until they got into that view as if you were controlling them, best one has to be the water creature that should be 100% better than the ship that's slow and awkward to control. The environment looks fine, kinda a bit of everything we've had so far really.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,253 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
4.7 Special Program

Redemption Codes:

1. US2VLGSXCAT9
2. 6A2ULZTFVBCV
3. BS3DLYAFVAUH

Extra must-have 4.6 code just in case you don't have it (like me, frick): RTJUNRSHTAL9 (60 Primogems + 5 Adventure's Experience)

What's New:
  • Clorinde (5* Electro Sword user)
  • Sigewinne (5* Hydro Bow user)
  • Sethos (4* Electro Bow user)
  • Absolution (5* Sword) & Silvershower Heartstrings (5* Bow)
  • Sigewinne & Clorinde Character Story Quest
  • Archon Quest Chapter 4 Act 6
  • Imaginarium Theater - New monthly challenge event to go alongside Spiral Abyss, select a "cast" of characters to perform through 8 Acts of combat however the cast must follow specific Elemental Types to enter, though Trial Characters can be exempt if chosen, and you may also choose Friends characters to join as well. Rewards include up to 620 Primogems for every month, plus a first-clear bonus of up to 1,100 primogems.
  • Spiral Abyss rewards have increased to 800 Primogems from 600, however likely will not reset half-way through the month (there was no mention of that specifically in the Special Program)
  • TCG Update - Furina, Wriothesley, Yun Jin, Xinyan, Kaveh, Boss/Monster cards etc

Version Specifics:
  • Phase 1 Banners: Clorinde & Alhaitham
  • Phase 2 Banners: Sigewinne & Furina
  • Mutual Security Enhancing Simulation- Combat event using enemies as your own units against other enemy opponents
    Cloudforged (Bow)
  • Endless Forms Most Martial - Combat event following specific rules like using a reaction type to defeat enemies
  • Spino Doubleblaster - Cannon shooting at balloons event
  • Record of Reflective Writing - Coin collecting in challenge domains event
  • Leyline Overflow Event

System Updates: 
  • Max Resin increased to 200 (was 160)
  • Friends List increased to 100 (was 60)
  • Fast fill function added for Recommended Stats in Fast Equip Artifacts
  • Encounter Point system for collecting Daily Commission Rewards lowered to AR 24

Animated Short "The Road Not Taken featured:

At the end of the Program we get a short glimpse of Natlan's area with a few creatures within it.

I really wish Sethos was not included in these banners, so don't want him because I intend to pull for Clorinde on my NA account. I'll get her in the first 10 pulls as I'm at 65 and was quite possibly going to go for cons, but...ah whatever if I get him I just won't use him, he can be a new Expedition slave just like my worthless Kaveh. Sigewinne I'm not sure where I'll pull for her yet, I'll see who goes well with her, I'm just assuming anyone that lowers their own health or uses Bond of Life. Though I wonder what boss materials they'll need because there were no new world bosses this time.

The new monthly thing...I like the look of the initial full 1,720 plus the 800 with Spiral Abyss giving us a whopping 2,520 primogems then all the events within 4.7 but man limiting your roster to Elements or Trial characters, ugh. I know there was an event similar in the past though which is where that main idea came from, plus the vigor causing your character the need to rest or become unusable...but man just stop doing that limit stuff. I suppose I can use more of my characters then, actually hmm...that'll be very interesting with my main account and EU F2P using my Ayaka, Navia, Xianyun, Gaming, Chevreuse alongside who I have in my main. I know my Shenhe is better from my main than my F2P, have a far better built Yaoyao plus the Kokomi and Beidou should be much better than my main's too. My Keqing's, Yoimiya's, Nilou's and Yelan's each have different things going for them but not fully sure which are better.

Finally Resin got a higher maximum so you can actually condense to a full 5, if you happened to max out. Friends increase don't mean much because I have next to none anyway.

For that Natlan preview, I at first thought they were just going to be enemies until they got into that view as if you were controlling them, best one has to be the water creature that should be 100% better than the ship that's slow and awkward to control. The environment looks fine, kinda a bit of everything we've had so far really.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh dear god they put Sigewinne and Furina on the same half. My poor, poor wallet.

Well, maybe I'll get lucky and my current hoardings + all the new Primos from 4.7 first half will give me enough to get C0/R1 Sigewinne and the last two copies of Furina I need for C6 without spending anything, and then I can start saving up for my possible C6 chase of the Pyro Archon (depends on what her design is like at this point).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh dear god they put Sigewinne and Furina on the same half. My poor, poor wallet.

Well, maybe I'll get lucky and my current hoardings + all the new Primos from 4.7 first half will give me enough to get C0/R1 Sigewinne and the last two copies of Furina I need for C6 without spending anything, and then I can start saving up for my possible C6 chase of the Pyro Archon (depends on what her design is like at this point).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,284
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Of all the things I didn't expect to see when coming in here was discussion of a game mode that's 90% DbD. It actually sounds a little worse because of how repairing all the beacons means instant victory; at least in DbD the killer could still obtain a victory if they're able to stop everyone still alive from escaping.

Also do you play with the same characters and abilities the regular game offers or does it change things for the mode?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,284 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Of all the things I didn't expect to see when coming in here was discussion of a game mode that's 90% DbD. It actually sounds a little worse because of how repairing all the beacons means instant victory; at least in DbD the killer could still obtain a victory if they're able to stop everyone still alive from escaping.

Also do you play with the same characters and abilities the regular game offers or does it change things for the mode?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
You can play as whatever character you want, although your abilities are replaced with the game's custom abilities. Sadly there is an advantage depending on what character you pick. The tall characters run faster than the short characters, so you can actually have an advantage depending on what character you go into the game with. It can be difficult for hunters playing with a character like Nahida to catch up to someone using characters like Zhongli or Alhaitham.

Also some pretty big 5.0 rumors surfacing lately. Current rumors I've seen are:

-Level cap increased from 90 to 100
-A graphical update to the game (haven't seen anything about how drastic the update will be, but Hoyo did post a bit ago on their socials that lower end devices (PS4, old phones/tablets) will need to have restrictions put in place to stabilize the game on those platforms after this update hits)
-Updated running effect (no clarification on what exactly this means)
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
You can play as whatever character you want, although your abilities are replaced with the game's custom abilities. Sadly there is an advantage depending on what character you pick. The tall characters run faster than the short characters, so you can actually have an advantage depending on what character you go into the game with. It can be difficult for hunters playing with a character like Nahida to catch up to someone using characters like Zhongli or Alhaitham.

Also some pretty big 5.0 rumors surfacing lately. Current rumors I've seen are:

-Level cap increased from 90 to 100
-A graphical update to the game (haven't seen anything about how drastic the update will be, but Hoyo did post a bit ago on their socials that lower end devices (PS4, old phones/tablets) will need to have restrictions put in place to stabilize the game on those platforms after this update hits)
-Updated running effect (no clarification on what exactly this means)