Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Misery -- Maroon 5

Another recent addition to the playlist at my store, and, like...I've heard some questionable choices before, but this has no excuse; THE TITLE IS LITERALLY "MISERY"! What did you think it was about, and why do you think that's good ambience for a grocery store?!

...good song, though
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Misery -- Maroon 5

Another recent addition to the playlist at my store, and, like...I've heard some questionable choices before, but this has no excuse; THE TITLE IS LITERALLY "MISERY"! What did you think it was about, and why do you think that's good ambience for a grocery store?!

...good song, though
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 24th, 2023, 11:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
The Sign -- Ace of Base

So, this song has been showing up on my store's playlist recently, and it makes me giggle every time, because of an association that, once I was shown it, I can't un-see it. See, back when I read Cracked, they did an editorial on Ace of Base. To be more specific, it was a paranoid rant saying that they were probably Nazis. Yeah, whether or not it holds weight is up in the air (their evidence leans on Ben Shapiro, of all the goddamn things), but it is very funny to think that "The Sign" that made the lead singer "Open up [their] eyes" was, in fact, a swastika. And now that I have poisoned your brain with it, too, I must return to work.
Huh, I didn't know how the song went by the name alone so listened to it, and I can't say I've heard that on my store radio yet. I wonder if your store uses a different one to mine and what other songs might be different between our stores. Hmm
Edit: Didn't see your post above featuring another song from your store. My store has that one too but I feel like we've had it for quite a while, like at least since before the summer season started.

I've spent my day and last night listening to nothing but the Spyro The Dragon soundtrack on Spotify, which has all the tracks from the first three games on it. I'm still surprised to this day that Stewart Copeland is the person behind that music just because of how notable he was before he even touched these games.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 24th, 2023, 11:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
The Sign -- Ace of Base

So, this song has been showing up on my store's playlist recently, and it makes me giggle every time, because of an association that, once I was shown it, I can't un-see it. See, back when I read Cracked, they did an editorial on Ace of Base. To be more specific, it was a paranoid rant saying that they were probably Nazis. Yeah, whether or not it holds weight is up in the air (their evidence leans on Ben Shapiro, of all the goddamn things), but it is very funny to think that "The Sign" that made the lead singer "Open up [their] eyes" was, in fact, a swastika. And now that I have poisoned your brain with it, too, I must return to work.
Huh, I didn't know how the song went by the name alone so listened to it, and I can't say I've heard that on my store radio yet. I wonder if your store uses a different one to mine and what other songs might be different between our stores. Hmm
Edit: Didn't see your post above featuring another song from your store. My store has that one too but I feel like we've had it for quite a while, like at least since before the summer season started.

I've spent my day and last night listening to nothing but the Spyro The Dragon soundtrack on Spotify, which has all the tracks from the first three games on it. I'm still surprised to this day that Stewart Copeland is the person behind that music just because of how notable he was before he even touched these games.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I'm pretty certain they use different playlists based on the district they are in. The only thing I know is that the music isn't kept at the store, but at a headquarters and is piped to the store.

Edit: Hold Your Breath -- Otis

Yet another song that is basically impossible to listen to legally. First off, good luck finding the bastard track. Even on Youtube, there are only two rips of it, and one of them is from a decade ago. Otis released this song as a free download on their website, which no longer exists. This is in spite of it being a fan favorite from the soundtrack of Splashdown (that Jet Ski racer that isn't Wave Race), meaning those of us that do have it have to Keep Circulating the Tapes. Even worse, just trying to get hits on the band name is difficult, because of course they would pick a name that shares a name with a famed soul musician! And before you ask, they are on Spotify, and no, the track is not on there, even as a single. And I actually legitimately question if they are the same Otis, or if their account is a hacker that is just posting random crap. I legit don't know.

The rip I linked has the track as a Mediafire download. It still works. Download it if you like it.

Either way, I've also been playing with this song on an AI splitter that splits the tracks into the various instruments, AND GODDAMN IS IT CLEAN AS HELL! Legit, it found moments in the music that I didn't even know EXISTED before putting it through the splitter. Like, in the guitar, during the first riff, it found out that the guitar is actually playing a unison of the bassline, just VERY quietly. Now that I've seen it, I can't un-hear it, but it's almost unnoticable if you don't know what you're listening for. This thing is WAY better than I was expecting it to be, goddamn! Especially given all the distortion in the guitar line. I was expecting, you know, a result, but I was expecting it to be muddy as hell, but this is crisp as a fresh leaf of lettuce, holy crap!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I'm pretty certain they use different playlists based on the district they are in. The only thing I know is that the music isn't kept at the store, but at a headquarters and is piped to the store.

Edit: Hold Your Breath -- Otis

Yet another song that is basically impossible to listen to legally. First off, good luck finding the bastard track. Even on Youtube, there are only two rips of it, and one of them is from a decade ago. Otis released this song as a free download on their website, which no longer exists. This is in spite of it being a fan favorite from the soundtrack of Splashdown (that Jet Ski racer that isn't Wave Race), meaning those of us that do have it have to Keep Circulating the Tapes. Even worse, just trying to get hits on the band name is difficult, because of course they would pick a name that shares a name with a famed soul musician! And before you ask, they are on Spotify, and no, the track is not on there, even as a single. And I actually legitimately question if they are the same Otis, or if their account is a hacker that is just posting random crap. I legit don't know.

The rip I linked has the track as a Mediafire download. It still works. Download it if you like it.

Either way, I've also been playing with this song on an AI splitter that splits the tracks into the various instruments, AND GODDAMN IS IT CLEAN AS HELL! Legit, it found moments in the music that I didn't even know EXISTED before putting it through the splitter. Like, in the guitar, during the first riff, it found out that the guitar is actually playing a unison of the bassline, just VERY quietly. Now that I've seen it, I can't un-hear it, but it's almost unnoticable if you don't know what you're listening for. This thing is WAY better than I was expecting it to be, goddamn! Especially given all the distortion in the guitar line. I was expecting, you know, a result, but I was expecting it to be muddy as hell, but this is crisp as a fresh leaf of lettuce, holy crap!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Kamelot - III Ways To Epica, repeatedly

To silently flex on a YouTube commenter who said something like you'd get bored with your favourite song for hearing it five times over and over. I lost count, think I'm on 10 now, when originally I was going to stop after 6 to say (on here not YT) that I could do so far beyond 10 times in a row. I can also to this for many other songs so har-de-har.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Kamelot - III Ways To Epica, repeatedly

To silently flex on a YouTube commenter who said something like you'd get bored with your favourite song for hearing it five times over and over. I lost count, think I'm on 10 now, when originally I was going to stop after 6 to say (on here not YT) that I could do so far beyond 10 times in a row. I can also to this for many other songs so har-de-har.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I have never gotten bored of a song from listening to it five times in a row. If I did then every new song I discover would be loved and hated by me in 20 minutes because I always spam the shit out of a new song I find.

Tempest (Jak X OST) - Billy Howerdel

So I never knew this entire games OST was done by the guitarist of A Perfect Circle and thought it was super interesting to discover that fact.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I have never gotten bored of a song from listening to it five times in a row. If I did then every new song I discover would be loved and hated by me in 20 minutes because I always spam the shit out of a new song I find.

Tempest (Jak X OST) - Billy Howerdel

So I never knew this entire games OST was done by the guitarist of A Perfect Circle and thought it was super interesting to discover that fact.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah the person who commented that must have such poor taste in music that they can't listen to even their favourite song(s) multiple times, but somehow consider those songs their favourite. Just mindboggling.

In succession:
Chaos Magic - Furyborn album
Kamelot - Ghost Opera album
Imperia - Queen of Light album
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah the person who commented that must have such poor taste in music that they can't listen to even their favourite song(s) multiple times, but somehow consider those songs their favourite. Just mindboggling.

In succession:
Chaos Magic - Furyborn album
Kamelot - Ghost Opera album
Imperia - Queen of Light album
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Bohemian Rhapsody (sort of) -- Queen

The reason why I say "sort of" is because it wasn't the normal tune. Instead, it was someone taking the tune and basically inverting all the intervals, so down goes up and up goes down and all sorts of crazy shenanigans. It's sounds...otherworldly. It honestly feels like listening to the track for the first time again, and this version is more melancholic than the original. It's freaking weird and I love it and I had to share it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Bohemian Rhapsody (sort of) -- Queen

The reason why I say "sort of" is because it wasn't the normal tune. Instead, it was someone taking the tune and basically inverting all the intervals, so down goes up and up goes down and all sorts of crazy shenanigans. It's sounds...otherworldly. It honestly feels like listening to the track for the first time again, and this version is more melancholic than the original. It's freaking weird and I love it and I had to share it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Movies - Alien Ant Farm

No idea why this song got into my head at work today but now I can't stop wanting to play it from time to time today. LOL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Movies - Alien Ant Farm

No idea why this song got into my head at work today but now I can't stop wanting to play it from time to time today. LOL
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any

I keep coming back to this vid because the talent on display is nothing short of impressive. So, he's singing a four-part harmony with himself, and given the unstable tempo, that's already a feat. Then, there's that one note. If you watch the video, you know which note I mean. He holds that for ~35 seconds with a completely stable pitch, holy crap. And then there's the chord at the end. For those skeptics out there, you can't actually get that noise you hear from simply pitch correcting. Those are overtones caused by the notes of the chord being perfectly in tune. You can tell it's that way by the resonance at the cut-off of the chord (that sort of echo you can hear if you jack your speakers up). Simply put, its an incredible performance, and the song is really neatly arranged, too.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any

I keep coming back to this vid because the talent on display is nothing short of impressive. So, he's singing a four-part harmony with himself, and given the unstable tempo, that's already a feat. Then, there's that one note. If you watch the video, you know which note I mean. He holds that for ~35 seconds with a completely stable pitch, holy crap. And then there's the chord at the end. For those skeptics out there, you can't actually get that noise you hear from simply pitch correcting. Those are overtones caused by the notes of the chord being perfectly in tune. You can tell it's that way by the resonance at the cut-off of the chord (that sort of echo you can hear if you jack your speakers up). Simply put, its an incredible performance, and the song is really neatly arranged, too.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I wonder if he's using that headphone in his ear to listen to one of the other three recordings to better sync up his voice in terms of timing and tune? I initially was going to guess he was just recording one part, then practicing the next part with that one playing until he can sing without it, and rinse and repeat but seeing the headphone changed my questioning.

Duality - Slipknot

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I wonder if he's using that headphone in his ear to listen to one of the other three recordings to better sync up his voice in terms of timing and tune? I initially was going to guess he was just recording one part, then practicing the next part with that one playing until he can sing without it, and rinse and repeat but seeing the headphone changed my questioning.

Duality - Slipknot
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

So I been listening to the Gary's song lately for some reason I really have no idea why, and turn out while searching for cover of this song I came across this which I think this is the guy that originally did it, so it kinda interesting to see a live performance. Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

So I been listening to the Gary's song lately for some reason I really have no idea why, and turn out while searching for cover of this song I came across this which I think this is the guy that originally did it, so it kinda interesting to see a live performance. Gasp
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fat Lip - Sum 41

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Fat Lip - Sum 41
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Stone Cold Crazy -- Eleven Feat. Josh Homme

Another song not on Spotify, and it's a tragedy because it's an epic cover. They basically throw out the original thrash metal style, and go full stoner metal with it: low tunings (C Standard, natch), slowed down, heavy, and rumbling bass. It's a very interesting flavor of this track, and I love every bit of it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Stone Cold Crazy -- Eleven Feat. Josh Homme

Another song not on Spotify, and it's a tragedy because it's an epic cover. They basically throw out the original thrash metal style, and go full stoner metal with it: low tunings (C Standard, natch), slowed down, heavy, and rumbling bass. It's a very interesting flavor of this track, and I love every bit of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 500 159,166 Apr 26th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,903 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,929 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface