Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ray of Light (Album) - Madonna

I reckon this will be the most unexpected album I'll add to my library this year, considering how most of the music in my library is nowhere close to the sound of this album. I ended up listening to it because a few nights ago I was trying to think of what Madonna songs I know, and while looking through her album list I spotted this one and felt I recognized the artwork. Turns out this album is one my dad bought when I was a kid and I really liked the album when I heard it back in '98, but forgot all about it until now. I'd say the song that sticks out to me most is Shanti / Ashtangi because 1) I always remember a song from my childhood that had "shanti" in the lyrics but never knew enough to be able to look it up with a lyric search and had no idea who sang it before now and 2) the whole song is actually a Hindu Sanskrit prayer called Shankaracharya that was adapted for an up-tempo techno song. I never understood the lyrics to the song as a kid and now I know it's because it wasn't in English to begin with, rather than me just being typically bad as a kid at deciphering lyrics in songs. LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ray of Light (Album) - Madonna

I reckon this will be the most unexpected album I'll add to my library this year, considering how most of the music in my library is nowhere close to the sound of this album. I ended up listening to it because a few nights ago I was trying to think of what Madonna songs I know, and while looking through her album list I spotted this one and felt I recognized the artwork. Turns out this album is one my dad bought when I was a kid and I really liked the album when I heard it back in '98, but forgot all about it until now. I'd say the song that sticks out to me most is Shanti / Ashtangi because 1) I always remember a song from my childhood that had "shanti" in the lyrics but never knew enough to be able to look it up with a lyric search and had no idea who sang it before now and 2) the whole song is actually a Hindu Sanskrit prayer called Shankaracharya that was adapted for an up-tempo techno song. I never understood the lyrics to the song as a kid and now I know it's because it wasn't in English to begin with, rather than me just being typically bad as a kid at deciphering lyrics in songs. LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I forget what made you even look up Madonna songs to begin with? LOL Still amusing

I'm Nobody's Hero - DKC Animated Show

IDK why this goes so hard, like god damn.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I forget what made you even look up Madonna songs to begin with? LOL Still amusing

I'm Nobody's Hero - DKC Animated Show

IDK why this goes so hard, like god damn.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 5th, 2024, 05:34 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I believe it was a question on Reddit asking who was better between Lady Gaga and Madonna or something along those lines.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 5th, 2024, 05:34 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I believe it was a question on Reddit asking who was better between Lady Gaga and Madonna or something along those lines.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For whatever reason I was in the mood to just listen to a ton of Spyro the Dragon OST's all day today even while driving, and I usually don't listen to game OST's while driving unless it's one that suits driving in the first place like Jak X.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For whatever reason I was in the mood to just listen to a ton of Spyro the Dragon OST's all day today even while driving, and I usually don't listen to game OST's while driving unless it's one that suits driving in the first place like Jak X.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
A Jagged Gorgeous Winter -- The Main Drag

I really like this song. It's cute and quirky, and I'm always digging stuff like that. However, my introduction to this song was Rock Band 2, and this song SUCKS to play on Rock Band 2. Not because it's hard, but because it's BORING (at least on Guitar). So, I hated whenever the song came up on the setlist, because I knew I was in for 3.5 minutes of snooze. It does become decently tricky during the ending half, but it's mostly dead air.

Oh, and the version used on Rock Band 2 is not the original album version; the version on Rock Band 2 is a re-record that has guitar flourishes and a drum fill added in to make it actually worth playing on Rock Band 2. It also means that the back half of the song is basically all vocals on the original album version. Lucky for us, they did upload the Rock Band 2 mix to Spotify. According to Genius.com, this is the version they play live nowadays, so that's weird. Another weird case of Video Games dictating the trajectory of other media. The last time I heard about this was when Buckethead started playing the Jordan solo from Guitar Hero 2 during live shows. Jordan on Guitar Hero 2 has a (one take) solo that was explicitly designed to be absurdly hard and, more importantly, was written explicitly for Guitar Hero 2. Jordan never had a fully composed version before that point. So, yeah, that was weird randomly looking up Jordan on Youtube, and hearing him actually break into the solo at a live show.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
A Jagged Gorgeous Winter -- The Main Drag

I really like this song. It's cute and quirky, and I'm always digging stuff like that. However, my introduction to this song was Rock Band 2, and this song SUCKS to play on Rock Band 2. Not because it's hard, but because it's BORING (at least on Guitar). So, I hated whenever the song came up on the setlist, because I knew I was in for 3.5 minutes of snooze. It does become decently tricky during the ending half, but it's mostly dead air.

Oh, and the version used on Rock Band 2 is not the original album version; the version on Rock Band 2 is a re-record that has guitar flourishes and a drum fill added in to make it actually worth playing on Rock Band 2. It also means that the back half of the song is basically all vocals on the original album version. Lucky for us, they did upload the Rock Band 2 mix to Spotify. According to Genius.com, this is the version they play live nowadays, so that's weird. Another weird case of Video Games dictating the trajectory of other media. The last time I heard about this was when Buckethead started playing the Jordan solo from Guitar Hero 2 during live shows. Jordan on Guitar Hero 2 has a (one take) solo that was explicitly designed to be absurdly hard and, more importantly, was written explicitly for Guitar Hero 2. Jordan never had a fully composed version before that point. So, yeah, that was weird randomly looking up Jordan on Youtube, and hearing him actually break into the solo at a live show.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Too Scary, Didn't Watch ("EYES OF MY MOTHER", "MY BEST FRIEND IS A VAMPIRE", "CRIMES OF THE FUTURE", "DOG SOLDIERS")

This is a horror movie podcast that details the movies from the subject of the episode name and reviews them, sort of like how Dead Meat does in their Kill Count videos. Was listening to these on our long trip to and from Orlando this past weekend with a friend. That first movie in that list, The Eyes of My Mother, is insanely fucked up. It's a short movie, 77 minutes long, but god it felt like it never ended in the way it was described. Anyway the podcast is very good, I like the cast, good folk.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Too Scary, Didn't Watch ("EYES OF MY MOTHER", "MY BEST FRIEND IS A VAMPIRE", "CRIMES OF THE FUTURE", "DOG SOLDIERS")

This is a horror movie podcast that details the movies from the subject of the episode name and reviews them, sort of like how Dead Meat does in their Kill Count videos. Was listening to these on our long trip to and from Orlando this past weekend with a friend. That first movie in that list, The Eyes of My Mother, is insanely fucked up. It's a short movie, 77 minutes long, but god it felt like it never ended in the way it was described. Anyway the podcast is very good, I like the cast, good folk.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Helena - My Chemical Romance
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Helena - My Chemical Romance
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Wet Wet Wet - Wishing I Was Lucky
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Wet Wet Wet - Wishing I Was Lucky
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Cult of Personality - Living Colour

It's so weird not hearing the static sound at the beginning of the actual song release. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Cult of Personality - Living Colour

It's so weird not hearing the static sound at the beginning of the actual song release. LOL
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Vangelis - Alpha

A great modern instrumental track, IMO Grin .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Vangelis - Alpha

A great modern instrumental track, IMO Grin .
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Snake Eater - Cynthia Harrell

Y'all already know what it is. Cool
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Snake Eater - Cynthia Harrell

Y'all already know what it is. Cool
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Celldweller (full album), currently

After briefly listening to a recent remix of a song in the album and deciding to myself why bother, the originals are too good I'll just listen to them. Although to be fair Klayton's own remixes are damn good too, just the one I initially listened to was...OK at best but nah.

Also yes Snake Eater.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Celldweller (full album), currently

After briefly listening to a recent remix of a song in the album and deciding to myself why bother, the originals are too good I'll just listen to them. Although to be fair Klayton's own remixes are damn good too, just the one I initially listened to was...OK at best but nah.

Also yes Snake Eater.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Through the Never (Album) - Metallica

I have a class assignment to make a tour poster for a band and decided to just go with Metallica, and to get myself in the mood/vibe I decided to play this live album of theirs across yesterday and today. I would like to know what live album of theirs on Spotify is the best one overall but I'm not willing to listen through each one myself to decide what I like the best. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Through the Never (Album) - Metallica

I have a class assignment to make a tour poster for a band and decided to just go with Metallica, and to get myself in the mood/vibe I decided to play this live album of theirs across yesterday and today. I would like to know what live album of theirs on Spotify is the best one overall but I'm not willing to listen through each one myself to decide what I like the best. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Kamelot - Seal of Woven Years (in a playlist)

followed by Infinite & Divine - I Feel Alive

It's been too long since I had added these songs to a playlist of mine, said playlist is the one I have on my phone which is considered a backup if my mp3 player is low on battery life if I hadn't bothered to charge it/accidentally left it on.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Kamelot - Seal of Woven Years (in a playlist)

followed by Infinite & Divine - I Feel Alive

It's been too long since I had added these songs to a playlist of mine, said playlist is the one I have on my phone which is considered a backup if my mp3 player is low on battery life if I hadn't bothered to charge it/accidentally left it on.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 500 159,344 Apr 26th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 6,912 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 3,931 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface