General Game Chat
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,776
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(10 hours ago)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Yeah, until they reinstate the sales for those people in the 170 countries that do not support the PSN, I won't consider this a true walkback. They recommended TOS-breaking workarounds when this was still in the pipeline, btw. This whole thing is "we didn't think this one through".
I'm under the impression that Steam were the ones to remove Helldivers 2 from sale in those affected countries. As for recommending people break ToS, Sony already encourage that by selling PlayStation consoles in those countries that lack PSN which forces people there to either have no account or make one that is set to a different region. If Sony sells their systems in a region, that region should have PSN with no excuses, especially if Sony have the gall to be selling PS5 Digital consoles in those regions.

If nothing else, I'm glad so many people realized the fault wasn't so much with Arrowhead but with Sony and went after Sony accordingly. Too often the developers are the ones thrown under the bus for stupid shit the publisher decides on. PSN should have been optional with rewards for people who do connect their accounts as an incentive, that way nobody gets shut out in regions without PSN and those with PSN access aren't forced to get an account.

It's like recently there was a game that has a physical art book that if you get a copy for PlayStation, the artbook is censored but the Switch copy does not come with a censored artbook. There's no good reason for doing that either and if you're censoring stuff that Nintendo isn't then you're definitely doing something wrong. All this stuff just tells me that even with Jim Ryan out the door Sony still have their heads shoved firmly up their own arses from overconfidence due to the PS4. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,776 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(10 hours ago)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Yeah, until they reinstate the sales for those people in the 170 countries that do not support the PSN, I won't consider this a true walkback. They recommended TOS-breaking workarounds when this was still in the pipeline, btw. This whole thing is "we didn't think this one through".
I'm under the impression that Steam were the ones to remove Helldivers 2 from sale in those affected countries. As for recommending people break ToS, Sony already encourage that by selling PlayStation consoles in those countries that lack PSN which forces people there to either have no account or make one that is set to a different region. If Sony sells their systems in a region, that region should have PSN with no excuses, especially if Sony have the gall to be selling PS5 Digital consoles in those regions.

If nothing else, I'm glad so many people realized the fault wasn't so much with Arrowhead but with Sony and went after Sony accordingly. Too often the developers are the ones thrown under the bus for stupid shit the publisher decides on. PSN should have been optional with rewards for people who do connect their accounts as an incentive, that way nobody gets shut out in regions without PSN and those with PSN access aren't forced to get an account.

It's like recently there was a game that has a physical art book that if you get a copy for PlayStation, the artbook is censored but the Switch copy does not come with a censored artbook. There's no good reason for doing that either and if you're censoring stuff that Nintendo isn't then you're definitely doing something wrong. All this stuff just tells me that even with Jim Ryan out the door Sony still have their heads shoved firmly up their own arses from overconfidence due to the PS4. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 815 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,952 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface