Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,293
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jun 8th, 2024, 10:39 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Did you check out Toy Tactics at all @Mr EliteL? I know you liked the Army Men games back from the PS1 era and it sounded like it has a similar vibe to it as those so I thought of you when I briefly looked at the game while doing the summary post it's in.
I see where you were coming from yes, but it's not for me really. Mainly because I don't want to add another Tactical game when I have two (Brigandine and Unicorn Overlord) that I've yet to properly go through and complete plus both are just better for me than Toy Tactics.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,293 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jun 8th, 2024, 10:39 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Did you check out Toy Tactics at all @Mr EliteL? I know you liked the Army Men games back from the PS1 era and it sounded like it has a similar vibe to it as those so I thought of you when I briefly looked at the game while doing the summary post it's in.
I see where you were coming from yes, but it's not for me really. Mainly because I don't want to add another Tactical game when I have two (Brigandine and Unicorn Overlord) that I've yet to properly go through and complete plus both are just better for me than Toy Tactics.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,594
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ah, I didn't know you had other tactical games (didn't know Unicorn Overlord was one of those actually) already in your active roster of games. Tongue

I've noticed that a few games are showing up across multiple shows, but I didn't look into it enough to know if the stuff being shown is different each time or not. If it is I might just cut those out of summaries so nobody wastes time clicking links to the same trailer should they take interest in a game that appears multiple times.

Also, for anyone wanting an early announcement from tomorrow's Xbox showcase, State of Decay 3 was accidentally revealed via a press kit on its developers official website.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,594 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ah, I didn't know you had other tactical games (didn't know Unicorn Overlord was one of those actually) already in your active roster of games. Tongue

I've noticed that a few games are showing up across multiple shows, but I didn't look into it enough to know if the stuff being shown is different each time or not. If it is I might just cut those out of summaries so nobody wastes time clicking links to the same trailer should they take interest in a game that appears multiple times.

Also, for anyone wanting an early announcement from tomorrow's Xbox showcase, State of Decay 3 was accidentally revealed via a press kit on its developers official website.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,946
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Apparently Square Enix is going to be at the Microsoft showcase (I guess the only option they had to latch onto since PlayStation and Nintendo weren't there), and I'm going to be really curious to see what they show due to some recent leaks and rumors. A very reputable leaker has come forward and said that Final Fantasy IX Remake IS being made and that it is far into the advanced development stages. Yoshi-P also recently stated that Square Enix will have many new games to show, a couple of them which will come very soon (this was a few days ago).

As much as I try not to let myself buy into hype about rumors and leaks, I admit it is getting kind of hard not to start finding myself getting a little hopeful with all of this added together and Square Enix apparently having a bit of a showing. Since it's already been confirmed that Kingdom Hearts IV will not make a showing at SGF, could they possibly come out with an FFIX Remake announcement...? I will be huffing the purest of hopium for the next several hours until the show starts and ends and I am once again left horribly disappointed.

Another leaker also posted yesterday that the Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster is also still happening, so my excitement is starting to really get boiling. I was worried was Squenix killed off all of those projects a couple of months ago, that there was a chance that the FFIX Remake and FFT Remaster were two that got axed, but if these leaks are true, they have not. Remember, it's important to keep in mind that both of these games appeared on the NVIDIA leak all those years ago, and everything else on that leak ended up being true. Apparently the developers for the FFIX Remake were changed part way through the development, according to the leaker, so that could easily explain why it's taken so long for an announcement to come around after the NVIDIA leak.

Since Bloodborne PC/PS5 and/or Bloodborne 2 will forever remain a copium dream, I need Square Enix to not be shit for once and come through with these games for me. :prayge:
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,946 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Apparently Square Enix is going to be at the Microsoft showcase (I guess the only option they had to latch onto since PlayStation and Nintendo weren't there), and I'm going to be really curious to see what they show due to some recent leaks and rumors. A very reputable leaker has come forward and said that Final Fantasy IX Remake IS being made and that it is far into the advanced development stages. Yoshi-P also recently stated that Square Enix will have many new games to show, a couple of them which will come very soon (this was a few days ago).

As much as I try not to let myself buy into hype about rumors and leaks, I admit it is getting kind of hard not to start finding myself getting a little hopeful with all of this added together and Square Enix apparently having a bit of a showing. Since it's already been confirmed that Kingdom Hearts IV will not make a showing at SGF, could they possibly come out with an FFIX Remake announcement...? I will be huffing the purest of hopium for the next several hours until the show starts and ends and I am once again left horribly disappointed.

Another leaker also posted yesterday that the Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster is also still happening, so my excitement is starting to really get boiling. I was worried was Squenix killed off all of those projects a couple of months ago, that there was a chance that the FFIX Remake and FFT Remaster were two that got axed, but if these leaks are true, they have not. Remember, it's important to keep in mind that both of these games appeared on the NVIDIA leak all those years ago, and everything else on that leak ended up being true. Apparently the developers for the FFIX Remake were changed part way through the development, according to the leaker, so that could easily explain why it's taken so long for an announcement to come around after the NVIDIA leak.

Since Bloodborne PC/PS5 and/or Bloodborne 2 will forever remain a copium dream, I need Square Enix to not be shit for once and come through with these games for me. :prayge:
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Xbox Games Showcase 2024 | Summary
Here is everything that was shown during today's Xbox Games Showcase presentation:
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 | Trailer
    12 new 6v6 maps, 4 new strike maps, and the return of round-based Zombies at launch.
    • Platforms: Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, PC
    • Release Date: October 25, 2024

• Doom: The Dark Ages | Trailer
    • Release Date: 2025

• State of Decay 3 | Trailer
    Set years after a zombie apocalypse nearly wiped out humankind, you must fight back and reclaim lost ground, carving out a life for your community of survivalist homesteaders.
    • Platforms: Xbox Series X/S, PC
    • Release Date: TBA

• Dragon Age: The Veilguard | Trailer
    Rally the Veilguard and defy the gods in an immersive single player RPG where you become the leader others believe in and rally a team of seven companions, each with rich lives and deep backstories.
    • Release Date: Fall 2024

• Starfield: Shattered Space | Trailer
    Shattered Space is a new expansion where a mysterious power stirs in the city of Dazra on House Va’Ruun’s hidden homeworld. Investigate a frightening cosmic threat, explore a new planet, and find unique weapons, spacesuits, and gear in this all-new adventure.Expansion announced. Also, new content is also coming to the game tonight.
    • Release Date: 2024

• Fallout 76: Skyline Valley | Trailer
    Expand southward to Skyline Valley – a brand-new region of Appalachia. Investigate the cause of the electric storm circling overhead and unveil the mystery around Vault 63 and its dwellers, including a shocking new Ghoul type – The Lost.
    • Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC
    • Release Date: June 12, 2024

• Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 | Trailer
    Lead the Expedition on a desperate adventure to destroy the Paintress before she erases the last survivors of humanity in this stunning new RPG.

• South of Midnight | Trailer
    When a hurricane rips through Prospero, Hazel is pulled into a Southern Gothic world where reality and fantasy are interwoven, and ancient creatures from folklore emerge in this new third-person action-adventure from Compulsion Games.

• World of Warcraft: The War Within | Trailer
    Throughout the ages, mighty heroes have risen to defend Azeroth. Now, at the dawn of a new saga, the darkness calls from the very heart of the world.
    • Platforms: PC
    • Release Date: August 26, 2024

• Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater | Trailer
    The same gripping story and engrossing world, but with all new graphics and 3D audio that enhance the jungle atmosphere. Players can elect for a newly added, more modern control style. You can also choose to play with a classic control style that more closely recreates the feel of the original game.

• Sea of Thieves - Season 13 | Trailer
    Seize Flameheart's powerful flagship and become the boss fight with an all-new type of World Event! Rain fire on your foes with a skeleton crew at your command as you fend off rival crews, seek Tribute and reap the rewards of your dastardly deeds.
    • Platforms: Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 PC
    • Release Date: July 25, 2024

• Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn | Trailer
    An explosive indie Souls-lite from the creators of Ashen.
    • Release Date: July 18, 2024

• Age of Mythology: Retold | Trailer
    Go beyond history to a mythical age where gods, monsters, and humans collide. Combining the best elements of the beloved Age of Mythology with modern real-time strategy design and visuals, Retold is an epic and innovative experience for old and new players alike.
    • Release Date: September 4, 2024

• Perfect Dark | Trailer
    Earth has been struck by a series of disasters, bringing ecosystems around the world to the verge of collapse. In this first look at gameplay, follow agent Joanna Dark as she hunts down the world's most wanted criminal, Daniel Carrington, to uncover the mysteries that threaten the lives of millions.

• Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred | Trailer
    Journey into the new region of Nahantu in search of Neyrelle, who is both suffering the fate of her choice to imprison the Prime Evil Mephisto, and seeking a means to destroy him. Become the apex predator of the jungle as the all-new Spiritborn class. Recruit Mercenaries to aid you in combat, fight together in a new PvE co-op activity, & more.
    • Platforms: Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC
    • Release Date: October 8, 2024

• Fable | Trailer
    A new beginning to the legendary franchise arrives 2025.

• FragPunk | Trailer
    A fast-paced 5v5 hero shooter with power-up cards that change the rules of combat! Choose your hero, tweak your weapon loadout, and pick from a selection of cards that change every round to gain the upper hand against your opponents!

• Winter Burrow | Trailer
    • Release Date: Early 2025

• Mixtape | Trailer
    From Beethoven & Dinosaur, developers of BAFTA award-winning game The Artful Escape, Mixtape draws inspiration from classic coming-of-age movies, bringing together nostalgic aimlessness, mischief, music, the highs and lows of adolescence, and the bittersweet feelings brought about by growth, transformation, and moving on.

• Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 | Trailer
    The most ambitious consumer flight simulator ever undertaken, designed to take advantage of the latest technologies in simulation, cloud, machine learning, graphics and gaming.
    • Release Date: November 19, 2024

• The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road | Trailer
    Play all DLC for free for a limited time.
    • Release Date: June 18, 2024

• Life is Strange: Double Exposure | Trailer
    Max Caulfield returns in an all-new supernatural murder mystery in the award-winning Life is Strange series.
    • Release Date: October 29, 2024

• Indiana Jones and the Great Circle | Trailer
    Prepare for this single player adventure set between the events of Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade.

• Mecha BREAK | Trailer
    A multiplayer game that allows players to choose from a variety of mechas, customize their appearances, and battle colossal war machines on treacherous terrain. Get ready for the ultimate showdown—blitz, brawl, blaze!
    • Beta: August 2024

• Wuchang: Fallen Feathers | Trailer
    Set in the late Ming Dynasty, this soulslike action-RPG offers a challenging combat experience with multiple weapon categories and Ornithropy magic. Explore interconnected environments, encounter historical figures, and make choices that will shape the fate of Shu.

• Avowed | Trailer
    Explore the Living Lands, a mysterious island filled with adventure and danger. As an envoy of Aedyr, you are sent to investigate rumors of a spreading plague with a secret that threatens to destroy everything. Can you save the island and your soul from the forces threatening to tear them apart?

• Atomfall | Trailer
    A nuclear disaster has left an area of Britain in tatters in this new survival-action game that will see you explore, scavenge, craft, barter and fight your way through beautifully recreated scenery in search of answers.

• Assassin's Creed Shadows | Trailer
    Tune in tomorrow for a 13 minutes gameplay walkthrough at Ubisoft Forward!
    • Release Date: November 15, 2024

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl | Trailer
    Featuring a huge, borderless open-world and a non-linear story, the Zone is what you consider it to be. I've shown you how I see it. Walk your own path, and you will come to perceive the Zone in your own way.
    • Release Date: September 5, 2024

• Three New Xbox Series X/S Consoles | Trailer
    Three new options are coming to the Xbox Series line-up of consoles.
    • Galaxy Black 2TB SSD Xbox Series X
    • Robot White 1TB SSD All-Digital Xbox Series X
    • Robot White 1TB SSD Xbox Series S

• Next Generation of Xbox
    Nothing shown or detailed, but it was confirmed the next generation of Xbox is in development.

• Gears of War: E-Day | Trailer
    Experience the brutal horror of Emergence Day through the eyes of Marcus Fenix in the origin story of one of gaming's most acclaimed sagas.​

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Xbox Games Showcase 2024 | Summary
Here is everything that was shown during today's Xbox Games Showcase presentation:
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 | Trailer
    12 new 6v6 maps, 4 new strike maps, and the return of round-based Zombies at launch.
    • Release Date: October 25, 2024

• Doom: The Dark Ages | Trailer

• State of Decay 3 | Trailer
    Set years after a zombie apocalypse nearly wiped out humankind, you must fight back and reclaim lost ground, carving out a life for your community of survivalist homesteaders.

• Dragon Age: The Veilguard | Trailer
    Rally the Veilguard and defy the gods in an immersive single player RPG where you become the leader others believe in and rally a team of seven companions, each with rich lives and deep backstories.
    • Release Date: Fall 2024

• Starfield: Shattered Space | Trailer
    Shattered Space is a new expansion where a mysterious power stirs in the city of Dazra on House Va’Ruun’s hidden homeworld. Investigate a frightening cosmic threat, explore a new planet, and find unique weapons, spacesuits, and gear in this all-new adventure.Expansion announced. Also, new content is also coming to the game tonight.

• Fallout 76: Skyline Valley | Trailer
    Expand southward to Skyline Valley – a brand-new region of Appalachia. Investigate the cause of the electric storm circling overhead and unveil the mystery around Vault 63 and its dwellers, including a shocking new Ghoul type – The Lost.
    • Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC
    • Release Date: June 12, 2024

• Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 | Trailer
    Lead the Expedition on a desperate adventure to destroy the Paintress before she erases the last survivors of humanity in this stunning new RPG.

• South of Midnight | Trailer
    When a hurricane rips through Prospero, Hazel is pulled into a Southern Gothic world where reality and fantasy are interwoven, and ancient creatures from folklore emerge in this new third-person action-adventure from Compulsion Games.

• World of Warcraft: The War Within | Trailer
    Throughout the ages, mighty heroes have risen to defend Azeroth. Now, at the dawn of a new saga, the darkness calls from the very heart of the world.
    • Release Date: August 26, 2024

• Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater | Trailer
    The same gripping story and engrossing world, but with all new graphics and 3D audio that enhance the jungle atmosphere. Players can elect for a newly added, more modern control style. You can also choose to play with a classic control style that more closely recreates the feel of the original game.

• Sea of Thieves - Season 13 | Trailer
    Seize Flameheart's powerful flagship and become the boss fight with an all-new type of World Event! Rain fire on your foes with a skeleton crew at your command as you fend off rival crews, seek Tribute and reap the rewards of your dastardly deeds.
    • Platforms: Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 PC
    • Release Date: July 25, 2024

• Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn | Trailer
    An explosive indie Souls-lite from the creators of Ashen.
    • Release Date: July 18, 2024

• Age of Mythology: Retold | Trailer
    Go beyond history to a mythical age where gods, monsters, and humans collide. Combining the best elements of the beloved Age of Mythology with modern real-time strategy design and visuals, Retold is an epic and innovative experience for old and new players alike.
    • Release Date: September 4, 2024

• Perfect Dark | Trailer
    Earth has been struck by a series of disasters, bringing ecosystems around the world to the verge of collapse. In this first look at gameplay, follow agent Joanna Dark as she hunts down the world's most wanted criminal, Daniel Carrington, to uncover the mysteries that threaten the lives of millions.

• Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred | Trailer
    Journey into the new region of Nahantu in search of Neyrelle, who is both suffering the fate of her choice to imprison the Prime Evil Mephisto, and seeking a means to destroy him. Become the apex predator of the jungle as the all-new Spiritborn class. Recruit Mercenaries to aid you in combat, fight together in a new PvE co-op activity, & more.
    • Platforms: Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC
    • Release Date: October 8, 2024

• Fable | Trailer
    A new beginning to the legendary franchise arrives 2025.

• FragPunk | Trailer
    A fast-paced 5v5 hero shooter with power-up cards that change the rules of combat! Choose your hero, tweak your weapon loadout, and pick from a selection of cards that change every round to gain the upper hand against your opponents!

• Winter Burrow | Trailer
    • Release Date: Early 2025

• Mixtape | Trailer
    From Beethoven & Dinosaur, developers of BAFTA award-winning game The Artful Escape, Mixtape draws inspiration from classic coming-of-age movies, bringing together nostalgic aimlessness, mischief, music, the highs and lows of adolescence, and the bittersweet feelings brought about by growth, transformation, and moving on.

• Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 | Trailer
    The most ambitious consumer flight simulator ever undertaken, designed to take advantage of the latest technologies in simulation, cloud, machine learning, graphics and gaming.
    • Release Date: November 19, 2024

• The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road | Trailer
    Play all DLC for free for a limited time.
    • Release Date: June 18, 2024

• Life is Strange: Double Exposure | Trailer
    Max Caulfield returns in an all-new supernatural murder mystery in the award-winning Life is Strange series.
    • Release Date: October 29, 2024

• Indiana Jones and the Great Circle | Trailer
    Prepare for this single player adventure set between the events of Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade.

• Mecha BREAK | Trailer
    A multiplayer game that allows players to choose from a variety of mechas, customize their appearances, and battle colossal war machines on treacherous terrain. Get ready for the ultimate showdown—blitz, brawl, blaze!
    • Beta: August 2024

• Wuchang: Fallen Feathers | Trailer
    Set in the late Ming Dynasty, this soulslike action-RPG offers a challenging combat experience with multiple weapon categories and Ornithropy magic. Explore interconnected environments, encounter historical figures, and make choices that will shape the fate of Shu.

• Avowed | Trailer
    Explore the Living Lands, a mysterious island filled with adventure and danger. As an envoy of Aedyr, you are sent to investigate rumors of a spreading plague with a secret that threatens to destroy everything. Can you save the island and your soul from the forces threatening to tear them apart?

• Atomfall | Trailer
    A nuclear disaster has left an area of Britain in tatters in this new survival-action game that will see you explore, scavenge, craft, barter and fight your way through beautifully recreated scenery in search of answers.

• Assassin's Creed Shadows | Trailer
    Tune in tomorrow for a 13 minutes gameplay walkthrough at Ubisoft Forward!
    • Release Date: November 15, 2024

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl | Trailer
    Featuring a huge, borderless open-world and a non-linear story, the Zone is what you consider it to be. I've shown you how I see it. Walk your own path, and you will come to perceive the Zone in your own way.
    • Release Date: September 5, 2024

• Three New Xbox Series X/S Consoles | Trailer
    Three new options are coming to the Xbox Series line-up of consoles.
    • Galaxy Black 2TB SSD Xbox Series X
    • Robot White 1TB SSD All-Digital Xbox Series X
    • Robot White 1TB SSD Xbox Series S

• Next Generation of Xbox
    Nothing shown or detailed, but it was confirmed the next generation of Xbox is in development.

• Gears of War: E-Day | Trailer
    Experience the brutal horror of Emergence Day through the eyes of Marcus Fenix in the origin story of one of gaming's most acclaimed sagas.​
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,293
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ubisoft Forward 2024 | Summary
Here is everything that was shown during today's Ubisoft Forward presentation:
  • Star Wars Outlaws | Gameplay Showcase
    • Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC
    • Release Date: August 30th 2024

• XDefiant Season One | Trailer
    • Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC
    • Release Date: July 2nd 2024

• Skull and Bones Season 2 & PvP | Trailer
    • Release Date: Available Now

• Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Story DLC | Trailer
    • Platforms: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC
    • Release Date: September 2024

• The Rogue Prince of Persia Update | Trailer
    • Early Access: Now

• Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake | Trailer
    • Platforms: TBA
    • Release Date: 2026

• Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora The Sky Breaker DLC | Trailer
    • Release Date: July 16th 2024

• The Crew Motorfest: Year 2 Chase Squad | Trailer
    • Platforms: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC
    • Release Date: November 2024

• Anno 117: Pax Romana | Trailer

• Assassin's Creed Shadows | Gameplay Walkthrough

Well these were all a waste of time. No Rayman, Sadge. Waiting on the Nintendo Direct now.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,293 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ubisoft Forward 2024 | Summary
Here is everything that was shown during today's Ubisoft Forward presentation:
  • Star Wars Outlaws | Gameplay Showcase
    • Platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC
    • Release Date: August 30th 2024

• XDefiant Season One | Trailer
    • Release Date: July 2nd 2024

• Skull and Bones Season 2 & PvP | Trailer
    • Release Date: Available Now

• Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Story DLC | Trailer
    • Platforms: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC
    • Release Date: September 2024

• The Rogue Prince of Persia Update | Trailer
    • Early Access: Now

• Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake | Trailer
    • Platforms: TBA
    • Release Date: 2026

• Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora The Sky Breaker DLC | Trailer
    • Release Date: July 16th 2024

• The Crew Motorfest: Year 2 Chase Squad | Trailer
    • Platforms: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC

• Anno 117: Pax Romana | Trailer

• Assassin's Creed Shadows | Gameplay Walkthrough

Well these were all a waste of time. No Rayman, Sadge. Waiting on the Nintendo Direct now.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Man, I really thought Square Enix would come out swinging with something huge after the free fall they've been in lately, but instead we got... Life is Strange. Probably one of the most worthless IPs they have. Yikes.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Man, I really thought Square Enix would come out swinging with something huge after the free fall they've been in lately, but instead we got... Life is Strange. Probably one of the most worthless IPs they have. Yikes.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think once again that Xbox absolutely stole the show out of all of the conferences at SGF. Even though there are games in there I don't have interest in, I wasn't bored watching like how I can be when watching something like State of Play. Heck, I even got intrigued by some stuff I've never taken interest in before such as Gears of War because of the E-Day trailer (I'm a sucker for stuff that shows the active downfall of something rather than the aftermath). I have no idea what the Perfect Dark games are actually like except being first person, but the new one Xbox showed off looked really cool and reminds me of Dishonored.

Diablo IV easily takes an award for the most unsettling trailer of probably the entire year let alone SGF. The part where the arm rips open was fucking brutal to watch.

South of Midnight is something I can appreciate the stylistic approach of, but I don't know if it really pulls it off. Stop motion animation cutscenes but regular paced gameplay is pretty jarring, plus I've seen comments that the stop motion is flawed by just doing everything at something like a fixed 15fps whereas typically stop motion animation uses varying frame rates. I'm inclined to agree with those comments because although I immediately recognized the game is going for a stop motion style, there was something about it that felt off compared to watching other stuff that does it like Into the Spider-Verse.

I haven't watched any of it yet but the only stuff I think I care for from the Ubisoft showcase is Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown and The Rogue Prince of Persia. Both of those games look really good and I do want to play them at some point.

To piggyback off your comment about SE @Dragon Lord, I don't recall really seeing much of a presence from them except for LiS. They do have a website showing upcoming releases which I just looked at to see what they could have maybe shown that was already announced, but it seems a little unreliable when Dying Light 2 is showing as TBA yet came out two years ago. I guess all anyone can hope for is that SE plan to have a presence at the upcoming Nintendo Direct. Shrug

EDIT INSERT
Right after making this post I saw that SE put out a launch date trailer for Visions of Mana. I don't get why they didn't have it air during SGF...

Talking about lack of presence, a streamer I watch is currently playing Lies of P again and it reminded me that we've heard nothing about the DLC plans for that game beyond confirmation DLC is happening, and I'm a little surprised we didn't get even a little teaser during SGF of what the DLC might entail. Maybe they chose not to bother when Elden Ring's DLC is so close to release and are waiting for the hype around that to settle down so they're not fighting for attention? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think once again that Xbox absolutely stole the show out of all of the conferences at SGF. Even though there are games in there I don't have interest in, I wasn't bored watching like how I can be when watching something like State of Play. Heck, I even got intrigued by some stuff I've never taken interest in before such as Gears of War because of the E-Day trailer (I'm a sucker for stuff that shows the active downfall of something rather than the aftermath). I have no idea what the Perfect Dark games are actually like except being first person, but the new one Xbox showed off looked really cool and reminds me of Dishonored.

Diablo IV easily takes an award for the most unsettling trailer of probably the entire year let alone SGF. The part where the arm rips open was fucking brutal to watch.

South of Midnight is something I can appreciate the stylistic approach of, but I don't know if it really pulls it off. Stop motion animation cutscenes but regular paced gameplay is pretty jarring, plus I've seen comments that the stop motion is flawed by just doing everything at something like a fixed 15fps whereas typically stop motion animation uses varying frame rates. I'm inclined to agree with those comments because although I immediately recognized the game is going for a stop motion style, there was something about it that felt off compared to watching other stuff that does it like Into the Spider-Verse.

I haven't watched any of it yet but the only stuff I think I care for from the Ubisoft showcase is Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown and The Rogue Prince of Persia. Both of those games look really good and I do want to play them at some point.

To piggyback off your comment about SE @Dragon Lord, I don't recall really seeing much of a presence from them except for LiS. They do have a website showing upcoming releases which I just looked at to see what they could have maybe shown that was already announced, but it seems a little unreliable when Dying Light 2 is showing as TBA yet came out two years ago. I guess all anyone can hope for is that SE plan to have a presence at the upcoming Nintendo Direct. Shrug

EDIT INSERT
Right after making this post I saw that SE put out a launch date trailer for Visions of Mana. I don't get why they didn't have it air during SGF...

Talking about lack of presence, a streamer I watch is currently playing Lies of P again and it reminded me that we've heard nothing about the DLC plans for that game beyond confirmation DLC is happening, and I'm a little surprised we didn't get even a little teaser during SGF of what the DLC might entail. Maybe they chose not to bother when Elden Ring's DLC is so close to release and are waiting for the hype around that to settle down so they're not fighting for attention? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,448
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Did they give a timeframe on the release for the DLC for Lies of P? I feel like at this point they'll just announce closer to release, and perhaps it was indeed intended to come out around now, so they're smartly deciding to wait for the Elden Ring DLC hype to be over to enact on that.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,448 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Did they give a timeframe on the release for the DLC for Lies of P? I feel like at this point they'll just announce closer to release, and perhaps it was indeed intended to come out around now, so they're smartly deciding to wait for the Elden Ring DLC hype to be over to enact on that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 12th, 2024, 04:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't think they would care about announcing the Lies of P DLC close to the release of Elden Ring's. I just think the Lies of P dev team is one of those teams that only wants to announce things when they are close to being ready, and not way off in advance. You know, like how Bethesda just celebrated the six year anniversary of their 36 second announcement trailer for Elder Scrolls VI. KEKW
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 12th, 2024, 04:18 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't think they would care about announcing the Lies of P DLC close to the release of Elden Ring's. I just think the Lies of P dev team is one of those teams that only wants to announce things when they are close to being ready, and not way off in advance. You know, like how Bethesda just celebrated the six year anniversary of their 36 second announcement trailer for Elder Scrolls VI. KEKW
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: As far as I know nothing was mentioned about the DLC except it's happening.
Looking at the release date for the game I guess it actually does make sense for the DLC to not be ready to really talk about to any degree yet, since it hasn't even been a year yet.

@Dragon Lord: Seeing you mention the TES6 teaser, I'm glad that it seems game announcements have stopped being done more than a year out across most gaming showcases in the last year or so. I reckon after COVID messed with so many games in development that companies don't want to give dates that are too far out to anticipate problems arising.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: As far as I know nothing was mentioned about the DLC except it's happening.
Looking at the release date for the game I guess it actually does make sense for the DLC to not be ready to really talk about to any degree yet, since it hasn't even been a year yet.

@Dragon Lord: Seeing you mention the TES6 teaser, I'm glad that it seems game announcements have stopped being done more than a year out across most gaming showcases in the last year or so. I reckon after COVID messed with so many games in development that companies don't want to give dates that are too far out to anticipate problems arising.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steam Next Fest | Live Until June 17 Moonface 2 30 6 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 38 5,766 Yesterday, 01:58 AM
  State of Play Megathread | May 30 Show Announced queenzelda 89 24,616 May 31st, 2024, 12:44 AM
  World Video Game Hall of Fame | 2024 Inductees Moonface 5 194 May 11th, 2024, 08:43 PM
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 32 2,378 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:41 PM