|
|
Sep 29th, 2026, 03:27 PM
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s) What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns Any/Any
|
Like, yeah, OoT 3DS didn't change the layouts much; it was mostly quality of life features that they added like being able to equip the iron boots without having to pause every ten seconds WATER TEMPLE! But OoT 3DS everyone was walking in knowing it was a remaster; a portable port and send-up to the original. This is supposed to be a full-blown remake, and they decided to do nothing about the dungeon layouts? They found the time and functionality to add a jump button and rework the script, but did nothing to actually change the game mechanically? I'm sorry, but that's just lazy.
This is Star Fox all over again: that time we paid $50 for cutscenes, this time we're paying $60 bucks for voice acting. We should honestly be outraged, but I guess this is Resident Evil 4 all over again for me: an outrageous decision being glossed over by everyone but me because of the simple fact that the game is good, so all is forgiven. I'm sorry, but unless Majora's Mask comes out as a DLC expansion and not a full-blown title, I see no reason to buy this. Hell, considering the treatment they gave to this game, I doubt I'd consider buying a full Majora's Mask release...
|
|
|
|
Sep 29th, 2026, 03:27 PM
|
|
|
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s) What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns Any/Any
|
|
Like, yeah, OoT 3DS didn't change the layouts much; it was mostly quality of life features that they added like being able to equip the iron boots without having to pause every ten seconds WATER TEMPLE! But OoT 3DS everyone was walking in knowing it was a remaster; a portable port and send-up to the original. This is supposed to be a full-blown remake, and they decided to do nothing about the dungeon layouts? They found the time and functionality to add a jump button and rework the script, but did nothing to actually change the game mechanically? I'm sorry, but that's just lazy.
This is Star Fox all over again: that time we paid $50 for cutscenes, this time we're paying $60 bucks for voice acting. We should honestly be outraged, but I guess this is Resident Evil 4 all over again for me: an outrageous decision being glossed over by everyone but me because of the simple fact that the game is good, so all is forgiven. I'm sorry, but unless Majora's Mask comes out as a DLC expansion and not a full-blown title, I see no reason to buy this. Hell, considering the treatment they gave to this game, I doubt I'd consider buying a full Majora's Mask release...
|
|
|
Oct 1st, 2026, 06:28 PM
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s) PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns Cute/Funny
|
For anyone in the US who is interested in the game, the price on Amazon is currently down to $59.88 right now, so it'd be a good time to pre-order it to lock in that price. Amazon's Pre-Order Price guarantee means you'll always get the lowest listed price from the time of your order to the time of release, even if the listing goes back to $69.99 in that time.
It's only $10, but hey, when it comes to Nintendo games, $10 is pretty big savings, haha. Especially for a brand new release that's going to be extremely popular.
|
2026 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Surely this time)
Latest Platinum: Mind Zero (PS Vita)
|
|
Oct 1st, 2026, 06:28 PM
|
|
|
LV.99 Weeb
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s) PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns Cute/Funny
|
|
For anyone in the US who is interested in the game, the price on Amazon is currently down to $59.88 right now, so it'd be a good time to pre-order it to lock in that price. Amazon's Pre-Order Price guarantee means you'll always get the lowest listed price from the time of your order to the time of release, even if the listing goes back to $69.99 in that time.
It's only $10, but hey, when it comes to Nintendo games, $10 is pretty big savings, haha. Especially for a brand new release that's going to be extremely popular.
|
|
|
Oct 2nd, 2026, 02:15 PM
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Slay the Spire 2 (PC) | Mewgenics (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s) PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns he/him
|
(Sep 29th, 2026, 03:27 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote: Like, yeah, OoT 3DS didn't change the layouts much; it was mostly quality of life features that they added like being able to equip the iron boots without having to pause every ten seconds WATER TEMPLE! But OoT 3DS everyone was walking in knowing it was a remaster; a portable port and send-up to the original. This is supposed to be a full-blown remake, and they decided to do nothing about the dungeon layouts? They found the time and functionality to add a jump button and rework the script, but did nothing to actually change the game mechanically? I'm sorry, but that's just lazy.
This is Star Fox all over again: that time we paid $50 for cutscenes, this time we're paying $60 bucks for voice acting. We should honestly be outraged, but I guess this is Resident Evil 4 all over again for me: an outrageous decision being glossed over by everyone but me because of the simple fact that the game is good, so all is forgiven. I'm sorry, but unless Majora's Mask comes out as a DLC expansion and not a full-blown title, I see no reason to buy this. Hell, considering the treatment they gave to this game, I doubt I'd consider buying a full Majora's Mask release... Having not finished OoT it's hard for me to have an opinion of anything the game should expand upon or improve like dungeon layouts and such. The most I know that would bother me if it stays too similar is things like Hyrule Field or Lake Hylia, because those areas are rather barren and although for the time they were impressive, if they're big open areas with little to do except just run across them again I'd expect to see the same criticism ruled at them as the desert areas in Metroid Prime 4. Also for what little I've seen of it during playthroughs on streams, the Ganondorf fight where you basically just play tennis could really do with some more complexity added to it. Maybe it's nothing nutty because the Ganon fight immediately follows and that's supposed to be the "shit's serious" phase but I barely knew that phase even existed to begin with until recently.
I agree with Star Fox not doing much different, but with how that series has historically been hit or miss for Nintendo I can kinda get wanting to play it safe. That said, when they made it seem like there would be added content of playing as Fox's dad that would have been a great place to try out some different things and see how people respond to it, as that way if anything in it wasn't received too well it at least isn't something affecting the main game. For RE4R though, I don't see how it compares to the remakes of Star Fox or this game when it's not really a 1:1 remake like these are.
As for Majora's Mask being a DLC, I'd be shocked if it was when it wasn't even a DLC for the 3DS OoT.
(Oct 1st, 2026, 06:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote: For anyone in the US who is interested in the game, the price on Amazon is currently down to $59.88 right now, so it'd be a good time to pre-order it to lock in that price. Amazon's Pre-Order Price guarantee means you'll always get the lowest listed price from the time of your order to the time of release, even if the listing goes back to $69.99 in that time.
It's only $10, but hey, when it comes to Nintendo games, $10 is pretty big savings, haha. Especially for a brand new release that's going to be extremely popular. Wow, it's still on discount?! I posted about grabbing it from Amazon for that price three weeks ago and would've expected the price to have gone back up way before now. o.o
I was randomly curious if there was any new stuff about this, either official or leaked, and the best I found is the Japanese website has some footage of areas that were only briefly seen in the trailer. As I've said, I don't have a ton of knowledge on this game having only played it once and not finishing it, but anything I do recognize for areas and dungeons seems to definitely be 1:1 with the original. Thinking of it, it's a shame if Nintendo have added swimming into areas like Kokiri Forest by making the water there deeper but just threw some stuff in it to dive for and called it a day. It'd be cool if there were spots you could come back to with the iron boots to explore or something, although I don't know what there could be to find that wouldn't just feel like tacked on stuff for the sake of giving you something to check out but ultimately wouldn't actually matter.
|
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
|
|
Oct 2nd, 2026, 02:15 PM
|
|
|
Phoggies!
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Slay the Spire 2 (PC) | Mewgenics (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s) PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns he/him
|
(Sep 29th, 2026, 03:27 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote: Like, yeah, OoT 3DS didn't change the layouts much; it was mostly quality of life features that they added like being able to equip the iron boots without having to pause every ten seconds WATER TEMPLE! But OoT 3DS everyone was walking in knowing it was a remaster; a portable port and send-up to the original. This is supposed to be a full-blown remake, and they decided to do nothing about the dungeon layouts? They found the time and functionality to add a jump button and rework the script, but did nothing to actually change the game mechanically? I'm sorry, but that's just lazy.
This is Star Fox all over again: that time we paid $50 for cutscenes, this time we're paying $60 bucks for voice acting. We should honestly be outraged, but I guess this is Resident Evil 4 all over again for me: an outrageous decision being glossed over by everyone but me because of the simple fact that the game is good, so all is forgiven. I'm sorry, but unless Majora's Mask comes out as a DLC expansion and not a full-blown title, I see no reason to buy this. Hell, considering the treatment they gave to this game, I doubt I'd consider buying a full Majora's Mask release... Having not finished OoT it's hard for me to have an opinion of anything the game should expand upon or improve like dungeon layouts and such. The most I know that would bother me if it stays too similar is things like Hyrule Field or Lake Hylia, because those areas are rather barren and although for the time they were impressive, if they're big open areas with little to do except just run across them again I'd expect to see the same criticism ruled at them as the desert areas in Metroid Prime 4. Also for what little I've seen of it during playthroughs on streams, the Ganondorf fight where you basically just play tennis could really do with some more complexity added to it. Maybe it's nothing nutty because the Ganon fight immediately follows and that's supposed to be the "shit's serious" phase but I barely knew that phase even existed to begin with until recently.
I agree with Star Fox not doing much different, but with how that series has historically been hit or miss for Nintendo I can kinda get wanting to play it safe. That said, when they made it seem like there would be added content of playing as Fox's dad that would have been a great place to try out some different things and see how people respond to it, as that way if anything in it wasn't received too well it at least isn't something affecting the main game. For RE4R though, I don't see how it compares to the remakes of Star Fox or this game when it's not really a 1:1 remake like these are.
As for Majora's Mask being a DLC, I'd be shocked if it was when it wasn't even a DLC for the 3DS OoT.
(Oct 1st, 2026, 06:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote: For anyone in the US who is interested in the game, the price on Amazon is currently down to $59.88 right now, so it'd be a good time to pre-order it to lock in that price. Amazon's Pre-Order Price guarantee means you'll always get the lowest listed price from the time of your order to the time of release, even if the listing goes back to $69.99 in that time.
It's only $10, but hey, when it comes to Nintendo games, $10 is pretty big savings, haha. Especially for a brand new release that's going to be extremely popular. Wow, it's still on discount?! I posted about grabbing it from Amazon for that price three weeks ago and would've expected the price to have gone back up way before now. o.o
I was randomly curious if there was any new stuff about this, either official or leaked, and the best I found is the Japanese website has some footage of areas that were only briefly seen in the trailer. As I've said, I don't have a ton of knowledge on this game having only played it once and not finishing it, but anything I do recognize for areas and dungeons seems to definitely be 1:1 with the original. Thinking of it, it's a shame if Nintendo have added swimming into areas like Kokiri Forest by making the water there deeper but just threw some stuff in it to dive for and called it a day. It'd be cool if there were spots you could come back to with the iron boots to explore or something, although I don't know what there could be to find that wouldn't just feel like tacked on stuff for the sake of giving you something to check out but ultimately wouldn't actually matter.
|
|
|
Oct 2nd, 2026, 02:41 PM
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s) What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns Any/Any
|
(Oct 2nd, 2026, 02:15 PM)Moonface Wrote: I agree with Star Fox not doing much different, but with how that series has historically been hit or miss for Nintendo I can kinda get wanting to play it safe. That said, when they made it seem like there would be added content of playing as Fox's dad that would have been a great place to try out some different things and see how people respond to it, as that way if anything in it wasn't received too well it at least isn't something affecting the main game. For RE4R though, I don't see how it compares to the remakes of Star Fox or this game when it's not really a 1:1 remake like these are.
Oh, I wasn't referring to RE4R. I was referring to RE4 Original. You know, the game that redefined Resident Evil 4 for over a decade so hard that they had to reinvent BACK to Survival Horror to save the series. I'm never letting that go! I love RE4, and I will never forgive RE4.
The Ganondorf fight is a repeat of the Phantom Ganondorf fight; if they expand on the Ganondorf fight, they'd have to expand on Phantom Ganon to make sure players are trained to fight the real thing. And given they didn't update the dungeon layouts, I will bet money they didn't update the boss fights to add at least some variety to the game.
|
|
|
|
Oct 2nd, 2026, 02:41 PM
|
|
|
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s) What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns Any/Any
|
(Oct 2nd, 2026, 02:15 PM)Moonface Wrote: I agree with Star Fox not doing much different, but with how that series has historically been hit or miss for Nintendo I can kinda get wanting to play it safe. That said, when they made it seem like there would be added content of playing as Fox's dad that would have been a great place to try out some different things and see how people respond to it, as that way if anything in it wasn't received too well it at least isn't something affecting the main game. For RE4R though, I don't see how it compares to the remakes of Star Fox or this game when it's not really a 1:1 remake like these are.
Oh, I wasn't referring to RE4R. I was referring to RE4 Original. You know, the game that redefined Resident Evil 4 for over a decade so hard that they had to reinvent BACK to Survival Horror to save the series. I'm never letting that go! I love RE4, and I will never forgive RE4.
The Ganondorf fight is a repeat of the Phantom Ganondorf fight; if they expand on the Ganondorf fight, they'd have to expand on Phantom Ganon to make sure players are trained to fight the real thing. And given they didn't update the dungeon layouts, I will bet money they didn't update the boss fights to add at least some variety to the game.
|
|
|
Oct 2nd, 2026, 04:49 PM
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s) PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns Cute/Funny
|
(Oct 2nd, 2026, 02:15 PM)Moonface Wrote: I was randomly curious if there was any new stuff about this, either official or leaked, and the best I found is the Japanese website has some footage of areas that were only briefly seen in the trailer. As I've said, I don't have a ton of knowledge on this game having only played it once and not finishing it, but anything I do recognize for areas and dungeons seems to definitely be 1:1 with the original. Thinking of it, it's a shame if Nintendo have added swimming into areas like Kokiri Forest by making the water there deeper but just threw some stuff in it to dive for and called it a day. It'd be cool if there were spots you could come back to with the iron boots to explore or something, although I don't know what there could be to find that wouldn't just feel like tacked on stuff for the sake of giving you something to check out but ultimately wouldn't actually matter. 
There was always little pools you could swim around in in Kokori Forest and you could always find money hidden away in spots like that. It looks like they might have changed it so you can actually see the rupees in the water now though. So I'm assuming they did the same every where and now, for example, you'll be able to see all of the rupees in the Hyrule Castle moat. Makes me wonder if the hidden rupees at the top of the chains of the town gate will be visible too.
The only major difference in what they showed is that they made the swimming a lot smoother and added the ability to swim faster than you originally could in the N64/3DS versions of the game.
I'm still happy with what I see of the game though. As someone who has beaten the game many times, a 1:1 remake is exactly what I wanted. Not a mess of a "we're calling it a remake, but it's actually a sequel because we think we're so clever with our naming" situation like SquareSlop did with FFVII. And aside from making the game run smoother, feel smoother to play and look prettier, there's nothing that fundamentally needed to be drastically overhauled with OoT for this remake.
I'd be okay if Nintendo wanted to add some fun stuff to the game though -- such as a built-in "one heart" mode (or even just a one-hit mode instead), a built-in randomizer mode, etc. etc. I'd definitely be down for extras like that. Developers really need to start adding built-in randomizers to games. It adds so much re-play value to a game. Lords of the Fallen (2023) did it and it was a huge hit with the player base, people absolutely loved being able to play a randomizer without having to go through the process of using mods to do it.
|
2026 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Surely this time)
Latest Platinum: Mind Zero (PS Vita)
|
|
Oct 2nd, 2026, 04:49 PM
|
|
|
LV.99 Weeb
|
Posts:
Threads:
Joined: Jun 2018
Currently Playing Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s) PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns Cute/Funny
|
(Oct 2nd, 2026, 02:15 PM)Moonface Wrote: I was randomly curious if there was any new stuff about this, either official or leaked, and the best I found is the Japanese website has some footage of areas that were only briefly seen in the trailer. As I've said, I don't have a ton of knowledge on this game having only played it once and not finishing it, but anything I do recognize for areas and dungeons seems to definitely be 1:1 with the original. Thinking of it, it's a shame if Nintendo have added swimming into areas like Kokiri Forest by making the water there deeper but just threw some stuff in it to dive for and called it a day. It'd be cool if there were spots you could come back to with the iron boots to explore or something, although I don't know what there could be to find that wouldn't just feel like tacked on stuff for the sake of giving you something to check out but ultimately wouldn't actually matter. 
There was always little pools you could swim around in in Kokori Forest and you could always find money hidden away in spots like that. It looks like they might have changed it so you can actually see the rupees in the water now though. So I'm assuming they did the same every where and now, for example, you'll be able to see all of the rupees in the Hyrule Castle moat. Makes me wonder if the hidden rupees at the top of the chains of the town gate will be visible too.
The only major difference in what they showed is that they made the swimming a lot smoother and added the ability to swim faster than you originally could in the N64/3DS versions of the game.
I'm still happy with what I see of the game though. As someone who has beaten the game many times, a 1:1 remake is exactly what I wanted. Not a mess of a "we're calling it a remake, but it's actually a sequel because we think we're so clever with our naming" situation like SquareSlop did with FFVII. And aside from making the game run smoother, feel smoother to play and look prettier, there's nothing that fundamentally needed to be drastically overhauled with OoT for this remake.
I'd be okay if Nintendo wanted to add some fun stuff to the game though -- such as a built-in "one heart" mode (or even just a one-hit mode instead), a built-in randomizer mode, etc. etc. I'd definitely be down for extras like that. Developers really need to start adding built-in randomizers to games. It adds so much re-play value to a game. Lords of the Fallen (2023) did it and it was a huge hit with the player base, people absolutely loved being able to play a randomizer without having to go through the process of using mods to do it.
|
|