Newbie here (in the forums)
Destructo099 Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Spider-Man 2
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 164
I second-guessed myself if I should really make a post on here it seemed to be that this is where I should introduce myself before making any other posts, but when i saw the thread bellow me having 400,000 + views and 40+ pages of replies I got intimidated, but still here I am.

I am a healthy-ish gamer as I like to call myself, I allocate a maximum of 4h in a day to gaming and I feel bad if I surpas this, even though I do it many times over when I rediscover that game that lights up a spark in me I haven't seen since childhood.

As a person I'm very thoughtfull of others and altruistic, so that's why I came here on the forums to maybe see if someone needs information or help that I can provide.

I hope I meet you guys around and have a great day and life
Destructo099 Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Spider-Man 2
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 164
I second-guessed myself if I should really make a post on here it seemed to be that this is where I should introduce myself before making any other posts, but when i saw the thread bellow me having 400,000 + views and 40+ pages of replies I got intimidated, but still here I am.

I am a healthy-ish gamer as I like to call myself, I allocate a maximum of 4h in a day to gaming and I feel bad if I surpas this, even though I do it many times over when I rediscover that game that lights up a spark in me I haven't seen since childhood.

As a person I'm very thoughtfull of others and altruistic, so that's why I came here on the forums to maybe see if someone needs information or help that I can provide.

I hope I meet you guys around and have a great day and life
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,870
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hello there, Destructo. I go by many names, but most just call me Maniak. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't mind all the wacky.

So, what sorts of games do you like to play?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,870 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hello there, Destructo. I go by many names, but most just call me Maniak. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we hope you enjoy your stay, and don't mind all the wacky.

So, what sorts of games do you like to play?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,846
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 29th, 2024, 08:02 AM)Destructo099 Wrote:
Threads in this area can get that big because this particular area of the forum serves for introduction threads that can then serve as "ask me anything" threads unless the thread creator doesn't wish for it to be one. You don't have to feel obligated to have your intro thread be an AMA and even if you are fine with people asking questions you're also not required in any way to answer any and every question that would come your way. I hope that helps in making you feel less intimidated by what you saw. ^_^

With that said, welcome to the forums! I hope you have an enjoyable time here and if anything else worries you like what I addressed above I'm happy to clear things up for you. Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,846 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 29th, 2024, 08:02 AM)Destructo099 Wrote:
Threads in this area can get that big because this particular area of the forum serves for introduction threads that can then serve as "ask me anything" threads unless the thread creator doesn't wish for it to be one. You don't have to feel obligated to have your intro thread be an AMA and even if you are fine with people asking questions you're also not required in any way to answer any and every question that would come your way. I hope that helps in making you feel less intimidated by what you saw. ^_^

With that said, welcome to the forums! I hope you have an enjoyable time here and if anything else worries you like what I addressed above I'm happy to clear things up for you. Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,166
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG, Destructo. Yeah don't worry too much about the view counts, some could be bots/guests that show up here that can only view and I see them in quite recent, and some other odd topics when I look at the online list.

Having a limit of hours a day sounds sensible, but it's fine to break that like you said if a game really takes you back to another beloved game. I do need to maybe set myself my own limit like try to play or two hours on one game then one or two on another, but end up spending more on each, or just enough on a game then way too much on the next. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,166 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG, Destructo. Yeah don't worry too much about the view counts, some could be bots/guests that show up here that can only view and I see them in quite recent, and some other odd topics when I look at the online list.

Having a limit of hours a day sounds sensible, but it's fine to break that like you said if a game really takes you back to another beloved game. I do need to maybe set myself my own limit like try to play or two hours on one game then one or two on another, but end up spending more on each, or just enough on a game then way too much on the next. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,279
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Holy- wow, okay I thought you were exaggerating/inflating those numbers to emphasize your point but no, you were absolutely right. Wow, 400k views. EL is probably correct in that a chunk of those are bot related, same goes for others that are also in a near high range. You're good homie, glad to have you here Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,279 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Holy- wow, okay I thought you were exaggerating/inflating those numbers to emphasize your point but no, you were absolutely right. Wow, 400k views. EL is probably correct in that a chunk of those are bot related, same goes for others that are also in a near high range. You're good homie, glad to have you here Smile