PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,929
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(May 8th, 2024, 06:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Apr 23rd, 2024, 11:09 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I do need to download RE8, eventually. 😅 
Did you play RE7? I can't remember if you ever said you've played it or not. x.x

Yea, I played the og RE7 just not the remaster. I usually don't talk about playing Resident  Evil games since some of them kind of um.. scare me to play. hehe  Sweat
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,929 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Did you play RE7? I can't remember if you ever said you've played it or not. x.x

Yea, I played the og RE7 just not the remaster. I usually don't talk about playing Resident  Evil games since some of them kind of um.. scare me to play. hehe  Sweat
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,991
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 9th, 2024, 08:32 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

To be fair RE7 was the series going fully back to its horror roots so unless you're someone not bothered by horror I'd expect it to scare most people to some extent. I know the game certainly got me quite a few times. ROFL

RE8 isn't as much of a horror game compared to 7; it's a little bit more action oriented so not every encounter is trying to spook you. RE4 would probably also be a good pick from the series for you if you've never played either of its versions as that too lets up on the horror aspect fairly often so it'd be easier to stomach.

Is there a horror game you've ever liked the concept/look of but simply can't/won't play because it's just too unnerving to play it yourself? For example I loved the idea of Alien: Isolation but even just watching someone else playing it on a stream was enough to spook me so I certainly would never play it myself. LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,991 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 9th, 2024, 08:32 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

To be fair RE7 was the series going fully back to its horror roots so unless you're someone not bothered by horror I'd expect it to scare most people to some extent. I know the game certainly got me quite a few times. ROFL

RE8 isn't as much of a horror game compared to 7; it's a little bit more action oriented so not every encounter is trying to spook you. RE4 would probably also be a good pick from the series for you if you've never played either of its versions as that too lets up on the horror aspect fairly often so it'd be easier to stomach.

Is there a horror game you've ever liked the concept/look of but simply can't/won't play because it's just too unnerving to play it yourself? For example I loved the idea of Alien: Isolation but even just watching someone else playing it on a stream was enough to spook me so I certainly would never play it myself. LOL
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,929
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yes, Dead Space. I love the story, the way it looks and everything about it but having to deal with aliens trying to kill the main character at every opportunity is a huge turn off and keeps me at arms length from playing it.

There's also Prey, but I'm getting ahead of myself since I know Prey isn't as bad. 😅👀
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,929 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yes, Dead Space. I love the story, the way it looks and everything about it but having to deal with aliens trying to kill the main character at every opportunity is a huge turn off and keeps me at arms length from playing it.

There's also Prey, but I'm getting ahead of myself since I know Prey isn't as bad. 😅👀
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,991
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dead Space is a game where I had to play with a guide the first time to know where every enemy spawn was so that I could get through it.

Prey starts off feeling scary due to how weak you are against enemies, with Mimics being a main way of scaring the player because they can become anything to hide in the environment. A later upgrade does let you scan environments to detect them though which then removes their ability to scare you, but there are still a few really mean jump scare moments in the game. I'd say it's probably on par to RE8 for horror if I had to compare it to something you have knowledge/experience with.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,991 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dead Space is a game where I had to play with a guide the first time to know where every enemy spawn was so that I could get through it.

Prey starts off feeling scary due to how weak you are against enemies, with Mimics being a main way of scaring the player because they can become anything to hide in the environment. A later upgrade does let you scan environments to detect them though which then removes their ability to scare you, but there are still a few really mean jump scare moments in the game. I'd say it's probably on par to RE8 for horror if I had to compare it to something you have knowledge/experience with.