Latest Gaming Purchase
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Slay the Spire 2 (PC) | Mewgenics (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 33,524
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 12th, 2026, 08:18 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Also if you're wondering why I bought a copy of XBC3 for Switch instead of just waiting to get the Switch 2 Edition... it's just my collection obsession kicking it. I plan to eventually get the physical copies for all of the XBC games on Switch 2 as well. It also doesn't help that I had hunted down sealed physical copies of XBC2 and XBC2: GT before the announcement of the Switch 2 versions, so my collection of the series on Switch was already half-way done, so I have to finish it with XBC3 and XBCX: DE.
At least you aren't trying to get XBC1 on the Wii because I'm sure the prices for that nowadays are astronomical, considering Shira paid $100+ for a pre-owned copy over a decade ago. x.x


Emberward (PC)
I downloaded the demo of this game ages ago when it was still an Early Access game, and yesterday got a ping from Steam that the game had fully released. I had been tempted to buy the game during its EA period, but it's from a new developer and I didn't want to trust that the game would actually be finished by someone without a track record.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Slay the Spire 2 (PC) | Mewgenics (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 33,524 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 12th, 2026, 08:18 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Also if you're wondering why I bought a copy of XBC3 for Switch instead of just waiting to get the Switch 2 Edition... it's just my collection obsession kicking it. I plan to eventually get the physical copies for all of the XBC games on Switch 2 as well. It also doesn't help that I had hunted down sealed physical copies of XBC2 and XBC2: GT before the announcement of the Switch 2 versions, so my collection of the series on Switch was already half-way done, so I have to finish it with XBC3 and XBCX: DE.
At least you aren't trying to get XBC1 on the Wii because I'm sure the prices for that nowadays are astronomical, considering Shira paid $100+ for a pre-owned copy over a decade ago. x.x


Emberward (PC)
I downloaded the demo of this game ages ago when it was still an Early Access game, and yesterday got a ping from Steam that the game had fully released. I had been tempted to buy the game during its EA period, but it's from a new developer and I didn't want to trust that the game would actually be finished by someone without a track record.
Quote
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
******
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 16,127
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Sep 18th, 2026, 02:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
At least you aren't trying to get XBC1 on the Wii because I'm sure the prices for that nowadays are astronomical, considering Shira paid $100+ for a pre-owned copy over a decade ago. x.x

*Looks at their own Wii copy of XBC -- complete with instruction booklet -- they bought for 30 bucks* You were $100 at one point?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 16,127 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Sep 18th, 2026, 02:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
At least you aren't trying to get XBC1 on the Wii because I'm sure the prices for that nowadays are astronomical, considering Shira paid $100+ for a pre-owned copy over a decade ago. x.x

*Looks at their own Wii copy of XBC -- complete with instruction booklet -- they bought for 30 bucks* You were $100 at one point?
Quote
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
*******
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 12,254
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So out of curiosity I looked it up, and it's actually super cheap. A sealed copy of the Wii version of the game can be had for $35 if someone is okay with a UAE copy of the game. Or if you're like me and you don't like the UAE copies and want actual North American copies (just strictly for uniformity in my collection), then you can find them for just a bit more. I see one listing for around $55 (after shipping). There's another listing for $80, which actually isn't that bad all things considered if someone was looking to add sealed Wii games to their collection in current year.

Found a nice listing on eBay today for a sealed PS4 copy of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion. They were selling for $39.99. Final cost ended up being $51 after shipping and taxes, which is pretty nice considering that puts it at right about the same price as it would have cost me retail when it first released. The next cheapest copy was $49.99 and that would have ended up being closer to $60 total. There's a small blemish in the shrink wrap of the one I bought though, so I'm assuming that might factor into why the seller was selling it for a bit cheaper than other listings. Though they had a picture of the tear and it's very small and doesn't affect the seal of the game at all, but hey I'll take the slightly cheaper price. The PS4 version of Crisis Core is one of the games I'm missing from my collection (have the PS5 version already, but ya'll know I gotta double dip on these PS4+PS5 releases).

Also decided to do some more shopping...

Neptunia: Sisters vs Sisters (PS4)
Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution (PS4)
Persona 5 Strikers (PS4)
Persona 5 Tactica (PS4)
Yasha: Legend of the Demon Blade Deluxe Edition (PS5)
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Definite Edition (NS)

The first four games I bought because I found them all for super cheap ($23, $27, $16 and $20 respectively) and all were missing from my PS4 collection. Yasha I've been meaning to pick up for a while and Gamestop was the only retailer to have any of the Deluxe Editions left. XBCX I picked up because Gamestop had it for $41 new (30% off sale for select NS games) and that's by far the best price I could find for that game (not a single seller on eBay comes close), so I wanted to get it before that sale ended. I wanted the free shipping too though, so I threw in Yasha since I wanted it regardless and getting them both together boosted me up to free shipping.
2026 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Surely this time) 
Latest Platinum:  Mind Zero (PS Vita)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 12,254 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So out of curiosity I looked it up, and it's actually super cheap. A sealed copy of the Wii version of the game can be had for $35 if someone is okay with a UAE copy of the game. Or if you're like me and you don't like the UAE copies and want actual North American copies (just strictly for uniformity in my collection), then you can find them for just a bit more. I see one listing for around $55 (after shipping). There's another listing for $80, which actually isn't that bad all things considered if someone was looking to add sealed Wii games to their collection in current year.

Found a nice listing on eBay today for a sealed PS4 copy of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion. They were selling for $39.99. Final cost ended up being $51 after shipping and taxes, which is pretty nice considering that puts it at right about the same price as it would have cost me retail when it first released. The next cheapest copy was $49.99 and that would have ended up being closer to $60 total. There's a small blemish in the shrink wrap of the one I bought though, so I'm assuming that might factor into why the seller was selling it for a bit cheaper than other listings. Though they had a picture of the tear and it's very small and doesn't affect the seal of the game at all, but hey I'll take the slightly cheaper price. The PS4 version of Crisis Core is one of the games I'm missing from my collection (have the PS5 version already, but ya'll know I gotta double dip on these PS4+PS5 releases).

Also decided to do some more shopping...

Neptunia: Sisters vs Sisters (PS4)
Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution (PS4)
Persona 5 Strikers (PS4)
Persona 5 Tactica (PS4)
Yasha: Legend of the Demon Blade Deluxe Edition (PS5)
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Definite Edition (NS)

The first four games I bought because I found them all for super cheap ($23, $27, $16 and $20 respectively) and all were missing from my PS4 collection. Yasha I've been meaning to pick up for a while and Gamestop was the only retailer to have any of the Deluxe Editions left. XBCX I picked up because Gamestop had it for $41 new (30% off sale for select NS games) and that's by far the best price I could find for that game (not a single seller on eBay comes close), so I wanted to get it before that sale ended. I wanted the free shipping too though, so I threw in Yasha since I wanted it regardless and getting them both together boosted me up to free shipping.
Quote
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Mario & Luigi Brothership | Wuthering Waves | ZZZ | Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 25,393
Uncharted Mario Kart (Shiny) Tekken (Shiny) 
BlazBlue Entropy Effect X Deluxe Edition (PS5)

Probably will be the last PS5 game I'll buy, or one of the last.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Mario & Luigi Brothership | Wuthering Waves | ZZZ | Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 25,393 Uncharted Mario Kart (Shiny) Tekken (Shiny) 
BlazBlue Entropy Effect X Deluxe Edition (PS5)

Probably will be the last PS5 game I'll buy, or one of the last.
Quote
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
*******
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 12,254
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Edge of Eternity (PS4)
Freedom Wars Remastered (PS4/PS5)
Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS5)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (PC)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - Digital Deluxe Edition (PC)
Bullet Girls Phantasia Deluxe Edition (PC)
Legend of Mana (PC)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade (PC)
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (PC)

Picked up a PS4 copy of Edge of Eternity since it looks like they are starting to dry up and I found a sealed copy for cheap. Freedom Wars Remastered is on sale on PSN right now for $12 and you get both the PS4 and PS5 versions so I figured that was low enough of a price for me to finally dip on it. Xenon Valkyrie+ has a PS5 version I never knew about (I have a physical PS4 copy that LRG sold years ago) and it was available for PS+ members for just $1, so I figured what the hell, $1 for an easy triple dip platinum (got the plat for the Vita version already, haven't gotten around to the PS4 version yet and now have the PS5 version to do).

As for the Steam games, there were some decent sales going on. FFVII Remake and FFVII Rebirth were $9.99 and $14.99 respectively. Legend of Mana was $10. Bullet Girls Phantasia Deluxe Edition was $20 (normally $60) and the bundle for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising and Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - Digital Deluxe Edition was on sale for $21 when it's normally $85. So I figured I'd pick up this handful of games while they were on sale for pretty good prices.
2026 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Surely this time) 
Latest Platinum:  Mind Zero (PS Vita)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 12,254 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Edge of Eternity (PS4)
Freedom Wars Remastered (PS4/PS5)
Xenon Valkyrie+ (PS5)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (PC)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - Digital Deluxe Edition (PC)
Bullet Girls Phantasia Deluxe Edition (PC)
Legend of Mana (PC)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade (PC)
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (PC)

Picked up a PS4 copy of Edge of Eternity since it looks like they are starting to dry up and I found a sealed copy for cheap. Freedom Wars Remastered is on sale on PSN right now for $12 and you get both the PS4 and PS5 versions so I figured that was low enough of a price for me to finally dip on it. Xenon Valkyrie+ has a PS5 version I never knew about (I have a physical PS4 copy that LRG sold years ago) and it was available for PS+ members for just $1, so I figured what the hell, $1 for an easy triple dip platinum (got the plat for the Vita version already, haven't gotten around to the PS4 version yet and now have the PS5 version to do).

As for the Steam games, there were some decent sales going on. FFVII Remake and FFVII Rebirth were $9.99 and $14.99 respectively. Legend of Mana was $10. Bullet Girls Phantasia Deluxe Edition was $20 (normally $60) and the bundle for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising and Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - Digital Deluxe Edition was on sale for $21 when it's normally $85. So I figured I'd pick up this handful of games while they were on sale for pretty good prices.
Quote
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🩶🤍💜
Moderators
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Slay The Spire 2 (8/7/7/7/8) | Roguemon | Pokopia | Big Walk
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 28,002
Yoshi (Shiny) Yoshi Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I think I also saw the Nier games on sale as well, if you didn't have those already on PC/Steam

Most recently got the full 1.0 version of Batomon Showdown, and prior to that, I got Resident Evil Requiem (9) on physical around the beginning of August when it dipped on Walmart's site for sale at 49.97
[Image: 2026-shirasig.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🩶🤍💜
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Slay The Spire 2 (8/7/7/7/8) | Roguemon | Pokopia | Big Walk
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 28,002 Yoshi (Shiny) Yoshi Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I think I also saw the Nier games on sale as well, if you didn't have those already on PC/Steam

Most recently got the full 1.0 version of Batomon Showdown, and prior to that, I got Resident Evil Requiem (9) on physical around the beginning of August when it dipped on Walmart's site for sale at 49.97
Quote
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
*******
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 12,254
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yep, I have them already. Haven't gotten around to playing them on Steam yet, but with how much of a fan I am of the games, I made sure to get them on Steam as well, haha. With next year being the 10th anniversary of Automata, maybe it'll be a great time to go back and play it.

Terranigma - Gaia Edition (PS5)

A very big purchase here, but god it's so worth it to me. Not only is it a physical version of Terranigma in 2026, but it's also the first time the game has ever officially been released in North America, so I absolutely had to have the biggest edition of this game to support this release.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (PS5)

Held off on this game for a long time, but with Wo Long 2 coming up, I wanted to finally get the game and hopefully get around to playing it in the near future. Not sure if I'll be able to find the time though, haha. Pretty packed schedule with Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky SC to get around to playing (was waiting for the release of SC Remake before playing FC Remak), the very soon release of the Kingdom Hearts Collection on PS5 (triple platinum on these games let's gooooo) and all of that leading into Ocarina of Time remake. But hopefully I can find some time to play this one, since it looks a lot like Nioh and I absolutely love the Nioh games (even if I haven't gotten around to playing Nioh 3 yet, haha...)

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS4)

This is another case where I noticed that available sealed copies of the PS4 version of this game are starting to dry up, so I wanted to make sure I secured one before it was too late.
2026 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Surely this time) 
Latest Platinum:  Mind Zero (PS Vita)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Posts:
Threads:
Joined:
Jun 2018
Currently Playing
Neverness To Everness (PC/PS5) | Echoes of Ancraid (PS5) | Octopath Traveler (PS4) | Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (NS2) | Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) | Mind Zero (Vita) | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, 3DS, Switch/Switch 2, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 12,254 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yep, I have them already. Haven't gotten around to playing them on Steam yet, but with how much of a fan I am of the games, I made sure to get them on Steam as well, haha. With next year being the 10th anniversary of Automata, maybe it'll be a great time to go back and play it.

Terranigma - Gaia Edition (PS5)

A very big purchase here, but god it's so worth it to me. Not only is it a physical version of Terranigma in 2026, but it's also the first time the game has ever officially been released in North America, so I absolutely had to have the biggest edition of this game to support this release.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (PS5)

Held off on this game for a long time, but with Wo Long 2 coming up, I wanted to finally get the game and hopefully get around to playing it in the near future. Not sure if I'll be able to find the time though, haha. Pretty packed schedule with Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky SC to get around to playing (was waiting for the release of SC Remake before playing FC Remak), the very soon release of the Kingdom Hearts Collection on PS5 (triple platinum on these games let's gooooo) and all of that leading into Ocarina of Time remake. But hopefully I can find some time to play this one, since it looks a lot like Nioh and I absolutely love the Nioh games (even if I haven't gotten around to playing Nioh 3 yet, haha...)

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS4)

This is another case where I noticed that available sealed copies of the PS4 version of this game are starting to dry up, so I wanted to make sure I secured one before it was too late.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Examples of "A Year is a Long Time" in Gaming? Moonface 0 15 Yesterday, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Gaming in 2025 Retrospect Moonface 4 1,414 Jan 2nd, 2026, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Your Gaming Backlog(s) Moonface 24 14,869 Oct 2nd, 2025, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Grinds Your Gaming Gears? Moonface 2 1,832 Jun 6th, 2025, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Gaming in 2024 Megathread Moonface 3 2,080 Mar 25th, 2025, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Moonface

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)